2023 Refuse Collection Calendar
Refuse And Recycling Calendar 2023
Sign up for the City's Emergency Notification System!
To subscribe to CSO and all City alerts click here
Holyoke CSO Notification
Please be advised that precipitation, as recorded at the Holyoke Water Pollution Control Facility, within the previous 4 hours resulted in combined sewer overflow discharges from the City of Holyoke’s sewage collection system to the Connecticut River. These discharges may have negative water quality impacts downstream including the Connecticut River adjacent to your community. Swimming, fishing, boating and other uses which may involve water contact is discouraged.
BULK WASTE DROP-OFF
One of the larger City Departments, the Department of Public Works is responsible for taking good care of streets and sidewalks, the storm water and sewer system, and other important infrastructure ensuring the City of Holyoke maintains a quality community. We stay quite busy providing many essential city services. These include:
- Street and Sidewalk Maintenance
- Street Repaving and Repair
- Engineering and Design
- Refuse Collection
- Yard Waste Collection
- Forestry Operations
- Emergency Traffic Control
- Sewer Billing and Collection
- Sewage / Stormwater Collection and Treatment
- Snow Removal and Winter Road Salt Application
- City owned Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance and Repair
- Operation, Maintenance and Repair of City owned Parks and Public Buildings
Told you we were busy!