The Holyoke Yard Waste Drop-off Site is open to City Residents only.
The Yard Waste Drop-off Site is open on Weekends from 8 am until 4 pm. The Yard Waste Facility is not open on Holidays or during the winter season.
- Your City Refuse Disposal Permit is required to use this site
Yard Waste Definitions
- Grass clippings, weeds, hedge clippings, garden waste, and leaves, twigs, brush, and branches must be less than 3 foot in length and cannot exceed 6 inches in diameter
Yard Waste Containers
- Paper Leaf Bags are the only type of container that may be disposed of with any Yard Waste
Disposing of your Christmas Tree
As a service provided by your DPW, Christmas Trees will be picked up at curbside during January. Christmas Trees will be collected on your regular trash day. Your Christmas Tree will be recycled so it needs to be totally cleaned. Please remove all ornaments, lights, and tinsel, and ensure there are no plastic bags on the tree. You can also drop your tree off at the Yard Waste Facility.
- Yard Waste Drop-off Site is located at the Wastewater treatment plant at One Berkshire Street.
Questions? Please call 413-322-5645
The Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) promotes residential, commercial and institutional composting, recycling and reuse of grass clippings, yard wastes, food materials and other organics. These are great resources!
- For detailed information about Composting and Organics visit the MassDEP website.
- Information about these items can be found at www.state.ma.us/dep
- Compost is available to Holyoke Homeowners during certain times in the Summer. The Compost Pile is located at the Yard Waste Facility on Berkshire Street. You can call the DPW for further information. 413-322-5645
- Home Composting
- Don’t Trash Grass
For those Do-It-Yourselfers here are Compost Bin Construction Plans
Share This Page
Last Updated on February 13, 2013 by PublicWorks