Senior Farm Share Program
Every year we partner with CISA to provide a farm share program for low-income seniors. If a variety of fresh organic vegetables from local farm Crimson & Clover sounds good to you, you should consider applying! The program lasts for 10 weeks, usually beginning in July, and if you are chosen it is just a one time $10 fee. Applications are usually available in April & May. We are no longer accepting applications for the 2021 season.
The 2021 Farm Share pickup begins Thursday, July 28 from 1:00 - 2:00pm.
The requirements for the 2021 season are as follows:
To qualify for the program, you must be 60 years of age or older.
You must also be able to check at least ONE of these four qualifiers:
- I receive SNAP benefits (food stamps), Medicaid, SSI, AFDC, welfare, or veterans aid;
- I participate in the Food Bank’s Brown Bag Program;
- I live alone and my income is below $25,760;
- The total income of my household is below $34,840 (only one share per household please).
- That if I am selected as a participant of the Senior FarmShare program, I will receive a weekly share of fresh, local produce, and that the shares will vary in size and content depending on the time of the season.
- That there is no guarantee on the exact amount or type of produce I will receive in my share and that the farmer will supply a variety of fresh farm products.
- That if I do not pick up my share on any given week, it will be donated to a low-income person or emergency food shelter. If I am unable to pick up my share for an extended period of time, I will notify my distribution manager.