Senior Farm Share Program
Every year we partner with CISA to provide a farm share program for low-income seniors. If a variety of fresh organic vegetables from local farm Crimson & Clover sounds good to you, you should consider applying! The program lasts for 10 weeks, usually beginning in July, and if you are chosen it is just a one time $10 fee.
Please mail applications and payment to the Holyoke Senior Center. Checks should be made out to CISA. In the event more people apply than are slots, a lottery will be held. You will be notified of your status, and if you have not been chosen, payment will be returned to you.
Below are the requirements and regulations for the 2020 season:
To qualify for the program, you must be 60 years of age or older.
You must also be able to check at least ONE of these four qualifiers:
- I receive SNAP benefits (food stamps), Medicaid, SSI, AFDC, welfare, or veterans aid;
- I participate in the Food Bank’s Brown Bag Program;
- I live alone and my income is below $24,980;
- The total income of my household is below $33,820 (only one share per household please).
- That if I am selected as a participant of the Senior FarmShare program, I will receive a weekly share of fresh, local produce, and that the shares will vary in size and content depending on the time of the season.
- That there is no guarantee on the exact amount or type of produce I will receive in my share and that the farmer will supply a variety of fresh farm products.
- That if I do not pick up my share on any given week, it will be donated to a low-income person or emergency food shelter. If I am unable to pick up my share for an extended period of time, I will notify my distribution manager.