To see our Code of Conduct and Standards of Independence, please see pages 2 and 3 of our Registration Form.
No Smoking Policy
There is no smoking on any city property. We kindly remind you that smokers should walk to the sidewalk on the edge of the property.
The Friends of the COA are the sole approved fundraisers at the Holyoke Senior Center. Any other senior COA-related or City-related fundraising groups must seek prior permission from the COA Board of Directors.
Political Activity Policy
Candidates running for elected office
- may attend regular lunchtimes, 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., to walk among tables and introduce themselves individually to seniors in attendance
- no stump speeches allowed
- no brochures or other political paraphernalia may be left on tables, counters, etc.
- no campaign contributions may be solicited
- groups representing pro and con positions may staff a table, between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., in the Senior Center lobby two times in the eight weeks leading up to election day for the purposes of sharing information
- no contributions may be solicited
Petitions and candidate nomination papers
- not allowed at the Senior Center
- groups and individuals holding political signage are required to stand a minimum of 150 feet from the entrance to the Senior Center; in practical terms, this means no closer than the sidewalks surrounding the perimeter of the property
- no political signs may be posted on the property at any time