Prior to 2013, seniors in Holyoke gathered in the basement of the War Memorial Building, the old site of the Council on Aging. Our new Senior Center is bright, colorful, welcoming and has quickly filled with seniors, their families, and caregivers, taking part in a multitude of activities. Visit our center if you need a lunch spot or an exercise haven, to take advantage of our social services or transportation, or simply as an excuse to get out of the house for the day. We pride ourselves on being open and friendly, diverse and accommodating.
Current Events Update
In accordance with city-wide policy regarding the potential spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Holyoke Council on Aging & Senior Center will be closed to visitors until further notice, though office staff is on site Monday through Friday, 8am to 2pm, and there are some ongoing services being provided. Please call before stopping by, at 322-5625. If you call after 2pm, leave a message and a COA staff member will return your call as soon as possible.
Covid Vaccine Information
Information surrounding the availability of the Covid-19 vaccine and the scheduling of vaccination appointments is developing rapidly, and we want to keep you up to date as best we can.
- Persons aged 60+ are currently eligible to sign up vaccination appointments.
- Click here to sign up for updates from the Holyoke Senior Center regarding the vaccine rollout and to be notified if clinics are available at the Senior Center.
- Visit vaxfinder.mass.gov (sign up for vaccination sites all across MA) or holyokevax.com (site specific for vaccination appointments at the Holyoke Health Center) to schedule a vaccine appointment online, or call 2-1-1 for phone assistance in registering. The staff here at the Holyoke Senior Center are happy to continue assisting folks in scheduling appointments over the phone.
Current Ongoing Programs
- Tax Work-Off Program (Applications available now!)
- Grab & Go Lunch and Soup
- Foot Care
- Medical Equipment Loan Program
- Tax Prep Assistance
To keep most up to date, sign up for our weekly email update!
Currently there are no drop-in visitors allowed. Please call ahead before stopping by, and know that you may not be allowed to enter the building. Masks are required at all times, even outside the building. If you do enter, you will be required to sanitize your hands and sign in for contact tracing purposes.
Upcoming Holiday Closures
Monday, April 19
Monday, May 31