Vendor Information Helpful Hints:
- Please read The Notice to Bidders carefully. We understand that government solicitations for bids contain a lot of information and may have mandatory forms to complete, however, non-responsive bids must be rejected.
- Details Matter. A missing signature, a math error, or the failure to complete a portion of a document may result in your bid or proposal being rejected.
- Supplier Diversity. The City remains committed to the development and utilization of small, minority, women, disadvantaged and people with disabilities owned businesses.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What laws govern the City of Holyoke procurement methods?
The City of Holyoke follows M.G.L: c. 30B, c. 30 & 39M, c.149 & c.7C and Federal procurement standards under 2 CFR, Part 200 (200.317-200.327). For a Federally funded project the City of Holyoke will compare both State and Federal procurement methods and use the stricter of the two.
2. How are bid documents/project specifications obtained?
Currently all bid documents are delivered by email request electronically. Please refer to the contact information and email addresses in the advertisement/s when requesting documents.
4. Do Prevailing Wages apply for construction projects?
Yes. Under c.30 & 39 M, and c.149 Massachusetts Prevailing Wages apply for all projects regardless of the estimated cost. In addition to Prevailing Wages the majority of projects also require current OSHA certifications. If a project is funded using federal resources then Davis-Bacon Prevailing Wages would apply.
It is expected that vendors adhere to all relevant State & Federal Laws regarding the proper job classification and payment of sub-contractors & employees who are subject to Prevailing Wages.
5. Can the City cancel a bid?
Yes. The City reserves the right to cancel or rebid a project if it is in the best interest of the City to do so.