Vendor Information Helpful Hints:
- Please Read Instructions For Bidders Carefully. We understand that government solicitations for bids contain a lot of information and may have mandatory forms to complete, however, non-responsive bids must be rejected.
- Details Matter. A missing signature, a math error, or the failure to complete a portion of a document may result in your bid or proposal being rejected.
- Have All Your Facts. Contact us if you have any questions. However, please keep in mind that in regards to bid solicitations, we must communicate answers to anything but the most general questions to all firms in the vendor pool. This is usually done via an addendum.
- Supplier Diversity. The City remains committed to the development and utilization of small, minority, women, disadvantaged and people with disabilities owned business.
- The City of Holyoke encourages Holyoke businesses to register and become a become a preferred vendor on two local purchasing consortium's: Massachusetts State Contract and MHEC. https://www.mass.gov/buy-from-a-statewide-contract mhec.net
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can a vendor submit bids even if the company/individual are not on a the Cities preferred vendor list?
2. What laws govern the City of Holyoke procurement methods?
The City of Holyoke follows M.G.L: c. 30B, c. 30 & 39M, c.149 & c.7C
3. How are bid documents/project specifications obtained?
Currently all bid documents are delivered by email request electronically. Please refer to the contact information and email address in the advertisement/s when requesting documents.
4. Do Prevailing Wages apply for construction projects?
Yes. Under c.30 & 39 M and c.149 Prevailing Wages apply for all projects regardless of the estimated cost. In addition to Prevailing Wages the majority of projects also require current OSHA certifications.
5. Can the City cancel a bid?
Yes. The City reserves the right to cancel or rebid a project if it's in the best interest of the City to do so.