Plumbing & Gas Inspector Office Hours
8:30-9:30AM and 1:00-2:00PM Monday through Friday
Plumbing and Gas Permit Applications
Plumbing and Gas Fee Schedule
|Plumbing new construction*||$60.00 plus $6.00 per fixture per unit|
|Gas new construction*||$60.00 plus $6.00 per fixture per unit|
|Plumbing & Gas Combined-New*||$90.00 plus $6.00 per fixture per unit|
|Plumbing, renovations, addition*||$50.00 plus $6.00 per fixture per unit|
|Plumbing & Gas Combined, renovations, additions*||$75.00 plus $6.00 per fixture per unit|
|Gas, renovations, addition*||$50.00 plus $6.00 per fixture per unit|
|Permits requiring one inspection*||$50.00 plus $6.00 per fixture per unit|
|*includes first fixture|
|New construction, additions, alterations||$100.00 plus $8.00 per fixture|
|Replacement and Repairs||$60.00 plus $8.00 per fixture|
|New Construction, Plumbing & Gas combined additions/alterations||$150.00 plus $8.00 fixture|
|Replacement and Repairs Plumbing & Gas combined||$90.00 plus $8.00 per fixture|
|Permits requiring one inspection||$60.00 plus $8.00 per fixture|
Per Section 18-91 of City Ordinances: Fees paid are NON-REFUNDABLE
Fees for re-inspection of incomplete work, partial or missed inspections shall be paid prior to re-inspection and no less than $40.00
Sec. 18-83.- Work started prior to obtaining permits.
Except in an emergency, as determined by the Building Commissioner, where work for which a permit is required by this division is started or proceeded with prior to obtaining said permit, the above fee shall double, but the payment of such fee shall not relieve a person, firm or corporation from fully complying with the requirements of this division in the execution of the work or from any penalty prescribed herein.
Links related to the Massachusetts State Plumbing Code and related can be found here:
- 248CMR Massachusetts State Plumbing Board
- For plumbing or gas permits, only individuals or Companies licensed to perform such work in Massachusetts can apply for those permits.
- A Commonwealth of Massachusetts Application with signature must be submitted, and after review, a permit will be granted.
- Workers’ Compensation affidavit must be included.
- Copies of worker's compensation and liability insurance (if applicable) must be submitted with each application.
- The plumber or gas fitter must schedule the rough and finish inspection with the inspector directly.
- Rough work shall be inspected before closing
- All forms are in PDF and require PDF Reader.
- Submit application forms in paper and all other documents (specs, plans, etc.) in PDF format on a thumb drive along with proper payment per fee schedule.
- Applications must be filed with the applicable fee before a review can begin.
- Checks should be made out to the City of Holyoke.
There is currently a natural gas moratorium in the city, read more about it at https://www.hged.com/customers/services/gas-service/natural-gas-moratorium/default.aspx