Electrical Inspector Office Hours
413-322-5600 ext. 5084
7:30-9:30AM and 1:00-2:00PM Monday through Friday
Electrical Permit Applications
- Application for electrical permit
- Application for Permit to Perform Electrical Work (for Institutional Use Only)
Electric Permit Fee Schedule
|Electric, new construction single family||$120.00|
|Electric, new construction two family||$200.00|
|Electric, renovations, additions||$60.00 per unit|
|Pool, above and in-ground||$50.00 above $75.00 in|
|Low voltage and security systems||$50.00|
|Permits requiring one inspection||$50.00|
|New construction and additions||$80 plus .09 cents per square foot|
|Alterations and Repairs||$80 plus .07 cents per square foot|
|Permits Requiring One Inspection||$80.00|
|Low voltage and security systems/Fire alarm||$50.00 per story or $80 minimum|
Links related to the Massachusetts State Electrical Code and related can be found here
- For electrical only individuals or Companies licensed to perform such work in Massachusetts can apply for those permits.
- A Commonwealth of Massachusetts Application with signature must be submitted, and after review, a permit will be granted.
- Workers’ Compensation affidavit must be included.
- Copies of worker's compensation and liability insurance (if applicable) must be submitted with each application.
- The electrician must schedule the rough and finish inspection with the inspector directly.
- Rough work shall be inspected before closing
- All forms are in PDF and require PDF Reader.
- Submit application forms in paper and all other documents (plans, specs, etc.) in PDF format on a thumb drive along with proper payment per the fee schedule.
- Applications must be filed with the applicable fee before a review can begin
- Checks should be made out to the City of Holyoke.