Interesting in becoming a member?
Applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Must apply in person to complete application inquiry.
- Be 21 years of age.
- No visible tattoos or piercings.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Live in Holyoke or surrounding areas within a 20 mile radius.
- Must have working telephone and e-mail communications.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Have a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License in good standing with the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
- Successfully complete the background investigation process by the HPD.
- Upon applying to be a member of the Holyoke Auxiliary Traffic Division, said candidate must have a License To Carry (LTC) permit in his/her possession. LTC should also state that said LTC should have under the restrictions ” NONE”
- Successfully complete the required training as conducted by certified Holyoke Auxiliary Traffic Instructors at Division AuxCademy.
- Must attend Training Sessions and 5 Meetings per year.
- Required to perform a minimum of 50 hours of Field Operation Services.
- Must not be a member of any other Law Enforcement Agency.