Resources for Industry
The Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) was established and is regulated by 935 CMR 500.00 or “St. 2017, c. 55, An Act to Ensure Safe Access to Marijuana, and M.G.L. c. 94G”
Host Community Agreement Procedure:
1.Provide a Zoning Verification Letter from the Building Commissioner to ensure zoning and buffer compliance.
- Must be in IG Zone (Industrial General)
- Must meet 500 ft buffer for retail from schools (K-12) and 200 ft buffer for cultivation, manufacturing, testing lab, and delivery from schools (K-12).
2. Provide copy of site control verification
- Lease, LOI, Proof of Ownership, etc.
3. Provide proof of LLC, Corporation, etc.
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts website
4. Provide copy of Tax Compliance Letter from Treasurers Office
Once these 4 criteria are met, the applicant will sign and Host Community Agreement Revised May 2022, along with the CCC Certification Form to the Office of Planning and Economic Development. The forms will then be signed by the City Solicitor, followed by the Mayor and then returned to the applicant. Once the applicant has obtained an approved HCA, the next steps are to schedule a pre-application meeting with the Planning Department and begin the City Council Special Permit application process outlined in section 7.10.6 of the Holyoke Zoning Ordinance.
Appendix A, Section 7.10.4 outlines the zoning regulations for all marijuana facilities. Stating that:
“7.10.4 Permitted districts.
a.IG Zones: any and all types of marijuana establishments may be allowed in the IG zones by special permit of the city council.”
Find Property zoning info via MapGeo