5:00 pm Remote by Zoom
A G E N D A
BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS
July 27, 2021
The regular meetings of the Board of Public Works, Sewer Commission and the Stormwater Commission will be held on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. The meeting will be held via zoom.com.
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85282825849
Meeting ID: 852 8282 5849
or call 1(646)558-8656 (Meeting ID: 85282825849)
BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS – OLD BUSINESS
- TIP Projects Update
- High & Maple
- 25% Design Submitted
- Comment Resolution Meeting was on June 2, 2021
- High & Maple
- Design Public Hearing scheduled to be scheduled
- 75% Design submittal 8/20/21
- 100% Design submittal 12/20/21
- Plans, Specifications & Estimate (PS&E) submittal 3/11/22
- Bid advertisement 8/26/22
- Center City Connector
- 25% Design Submitted
- Currently scheduling the Design Public Hearing (Virtual)
- Northampton Street Rehabilitation
- Needs to be funded through the State’s Capital Improvement Plan (TIP Project)
- Received quotes for survey and traffic counts to be funded through Ch. 90
- Complete Streets – Pedestrian Improvements
- Received rapid flashing beacon equipment
- Coordinating with Fire Dept. for installation
- Dwight x Appleton x Pleasant intersection to be painted instead of curbing and sidewalk.
- Shared Street Grant Submittal – awaiting notification from DOT
- 90 Projects Update
- Sunset and Ashley Road Closure contract with Gomes Construction is complete
- Resurfacing project out to bid
- Citywide Vegetation Management
- Need to update Conservation Commission with treatment locations.
- Preparing bidding documents.
- Personnel Issues – Workers Comp Update
- 2 on WC, 1 on IRB, 1 on light duty
- 3 open HMEO positions and 1 LODR position in Highway (likely filled internally)
- 2 open Parking Enforcement Officer positions (likely filled internally)
- Main Street Ash tree preservation – Work is currently underway
- South Holyoke/HHA Project
- Curbing and sidewalk improvements in the next month
- Significant underrun in the MassWorks grant which can be used for additional sidewalk and paving work in the South Holyoke area
- Underrun is due to competitive bid and generous estimated contingency
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) DPW proposals
BOARD OF PUBLIC WORKS – NEW BUSINESS
- City bonding for Northampton Street paving and raised crosswalks
SEWER COMMISSION – OLD BUSINESS
- Collection of Past Due Sewer Charges
- Jackson Street Sewer Separation Project
- CSO Long Term Control Plan
- Suez Contract
- River Terrace CSO (Area 21) Project
- Springdale Pond – on hold until construction funding is available
- Sewer Fund Account Balance
- City Council Order Regarding Sewer Enterprise Fund
- Abatements for the following addresses:
- 40 Brown Ave.
- 116-118 Brown Ave.
- 1780 Northampton St.
- 180 Oak St.
SEWER COMMISSION – NEW BUSINESS
STORMWATER AUTHORITY – OLD BUSINESS
MS4 will require new regulations
STORMWATER AUTHORITY – NEW BUSINESS
- The Holyoke Stormwater Authority will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. to hear, pursuant to Section 38.0 of the Holyoke Ordinance, an application for a Stormwater Permit by Holyoke Community Charter School, to redevelop the property located at 2200 Northampton Street, known as parcel 115-00-017.
- The Holyoke Stormwater Authority will hold a Public Hearing on Tuesday, July 27, 2021 at 5:45 p.m. to hear, pursuant to Section 38.0 of the Holyoke Ordinance, an application for a Stormwater Permit by Green Highland LLC, to redevelop the property located at 26 Hadley Mills Road, known as parcel 023-01-004.
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.