5:00 pm Remote by Zoom
City of Holyoke
Office for Community Development
Public Hearing- Solicitation of Comments in Preparation of the Holyoke-Westfield-Chicopee HOME Consortium
HOME-ARP Allocation Plan
Thursday April 14, 2022
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/esf-pvhb-epm
Or dial: (US) +1 865-375-0232 PIN: 820 234 944#
The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 appropriated $5 billion to provide housing, services, and shelter to individuals experiencing homelessness and other vulnerable populations. These funds were allocated by formula to jurisdictions that qualified for funding through the HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME Program) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This special round of funding is called the “HOME-ARP” program. In September 2021, HUD awarded the Holyoke-Westfield-Chicopee HOME Consortium $3,329,224. in HOME-ARP funds. Holyoke will receive approximately 52% of the allocation.
Eligible activities that may be funded with HOME-ARP include:
(1) development and support of affordable housing;
(2) tenant-based rental assistance;
(3) provision of supportive services (such as housing counseling, homelessness prevention, child care, job training, legal services, case management, moving costs, rental applications, and rent assistance); and
(4) acquisition and development of non-congregate shelter units.
Funds must primarily benefit individuals and households in the following qualifying populations:
- Experiencing homelessness (as defined in 24 CFR 91.5 “Homeless” (1), (2), or (3))
- At risk of homelessness (as defined in 24 CFR 91.5 “At risk of homelessness”)
- Fleeing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking, or human trafficking, (as defined in 24 CFR 5.2003)
- Other populations with high risk of housing instability (including highly cost-burdened low-income households, households who have moved two or more times in the last 60 days, and households living in a hotel/motel)
HUD requires that the city conduct a public hearing prior to the development of the HOME-ARP Allocation Plan to gather comments on the types of activities needed in Holyoke, and the number and types of beneficiaries. Other information related to the use of HOME-ARP funds is welcomed. Written and oral comments (pre-Plan) will be accepted until April 18, 2022, by emailing comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 413-322-5610 or mailing comments to the Office for Community Development, City Hall Annex, Room 400, Holyoke MA 01040. The public hearing will provide closed captioning in English and Spanish subtitles on screen. For other accommodations, please make a request to the Office for Community Development at least 48 hours prior to the public hearing.
20 Korean Veterans Plaza
Staff may be reached by phone (413-322-5610) or email during working hours. Messages will generally be returned within 24 hours.
Meetings (in person or virtual) are available by prior arrangement with Alicia, Zaida or Jennifer.