HCC COVID Test Site Map
Stop the spread sites will be closed on Monday, October 11th in observance of the holiday
The HCC Stop the Spread Testing location is now Lot N near the Bartley Center. Please see the Test Site Map (above) for directions to the location.
Hours of operation at HCC are as follows: M, W, F, Sa-7am-11am ; T, Th 2pm-7pm
Hours of operation at the 310 Appleton St testing site are as follows: M, W, F- 2pm-6pm
Both Stop the Spread test sites in Holyoke will operate through December 31, 2021
Interactive State-Wide COVID Testing MAP
Public Health Affects Us All
The mission of the Holyoke Health Department is to enhance public health and safeguard the environment by assessing community needs and to provide prevention, protection, and educational resources to ensure the highest quality of life within the City of Holyoke.
The goal of this department is to improve the quality of life by encouraging healthy behaviors, promote wellness, educate, monitor, and to protect healthy environments in homes, schools, and workplaces.
Stop The Spread Testing in Holyoke
Walk-up- As of Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 the Stop the Spread walk-up testing site will be moving across Appleton Street to the War Memorial at 310 Appleton Street. Members of the public seeking a test will not be allowed to enter the building during testing hours.The line should start at the front door and wrap around on the Maple Street side of the building, if necessary.
Testing hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3pm to 6pm. Testing will run until 12/31/21. There is no appointment necessary to be tested.
Drive-up COVID testing opened at Holyoke Community College. Testing will run until 12/31/21.
- The site will operate Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 7am - 11am. Tuesday and Thursday 2pm -7pm. Testing will be open and available regular hours on Labor Day.
- Turnaround time for results is typically 4 days or fewer.
- This test site is first come, first serve. There are no appointments. Please do not call the Health Department or Holyoke Community College to make an appointment.
- The test site at Holyoke Community College is a drive-through only test site. Please do not get out of your vehicle. Signage and Campus Police will be readily apparent to help you access the site easily.
- To help speed up the process, please have your information ready. They will ask for your full name, address (you must be a Massachusetts resident), phone number and email address.
- There is no cost for the testing. You do not need a referral, nor do you need to be symptomatic.
- The test style will be the less invasive swab in the lower nostril. The older style that required further insertion of the swab will not be used.
- If you have previously tested positive, DPH and CDC guidelines do not recommend getting retested at this time.
- If you are acutely symptomatic, particularly if you have a high fever, consider scheduling a test with your Primary Care Physician.
- Information on all of the Stop the Spread test sites across the State can be found at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/stop-the-spread
Holyoke Mask Order
Effective October 6, 2021
Please click on the link below for the most recent Holyoke Board of Health Mask Order
Holyoke BOH Mask Order (10-6-21)
Under State Statute, the Board of Health is responsible for permitting and inspecting businesses that provide services to the public that include:
Food Establishments Permitting and Inspections, and other Food Handling Issues such as:
- Bottled Water
- Food Complaints
- Frozen Dessert
- Mobile Food
- Retail Food
- Temporary Food
- Tanning Establishments
- Vacant Property
- Burial Permits
- Recreational Camps
- Manicuring Establishments
- Public Swimming Pools
- Ice Skating Rinks
- Body Art Technicians & Establishments
- Witnessing Title V Inspections
- Plan Reviews for Septic Systems, Subdivisions, and Well Construction
- Investigation of Foodborne & Waterborne Illness
- Housing Inspections for Compliance