Department of Public Works to Begin Repaving 19 Streets Text Size
Starting August 27, the DPW will begin repaving the following streets:
- Whitney Avenue from Interstate 91 to Lower Westfield Road.
- Gordon Drive from Whiting Farms Road to the end.
- Whiting Farms Road from Northampton Street (Route 5) to Sullivan Road.
- Longwood Avenue from Northampton Street to Martin Street.
- Hillcrest Avenue from Martin Street to East Promenade.
- Michigan Avenue from Westfield Road to Downing Avenue.
- Pleasant Street from Appleton Street to Highland Avenue.
- Magnolia Avenue from West Franklin Street to the end.
- Beech Street, from West Franklin Street to Hampshire Street.
- Chestnut Street from Appleton Street to Dwight Street.
- Sargeant Street from High Street to Commercial Street.
- Mosher Street from Bowers Street. to Canal Street.
- Vadnais Street from Northampton Street to George Street.
- Central Park Drive from Mountain View Drive to the end.
- Lindor Heights from Easthampton Road to the end.
- Discol Lane from Lindor Heights to the end.
- Woods Avenue from Francis Avenue to Hillside Avenuje.
- Main Street from Prew Avenue to Anderson Hill.
- Apremont Highway from Westfield Road to Dupuis Road.
Residents are reminded to heed the parking restrictions posted on these streets as work progresses and use care while traveling through these construction zones. The use of alternate routes where possible is strongly suggested. The work will cost $880,000 and is funded by Chapter 90 highway aid to cities and towns.
Posted on August 19, 2014 by Mayor's Admin