6:00 pm Remote by Zoom
LOCATION: Virtual Meeting Via Zoom https://hps-holyoke-ma-us.zoom.us/j/85266232176?pwd=ci9tWEs3cG81SkQxdXZrWW5GenBXQT09
*On March 12, 2020, Governor Baker issued an Executive Order modifying certain requirements of the Open Meeting Law, to enable public bodies to carry out their responsibilities while adhering to public health recommendations regarding social distancing.
The Executive Order relieves public bodies from the requirement in the Open Meeting Law that meetings be conducted in a public place that is open and physically accessible to the public, provided that the public body makes provision to ensure public access to the deliberations of the public body through adequate, alternative means. “Adequate, alternative means” may include, without limitation, providing public access through telephone, internet, or satellite enabled audio or video conferencing or any other technology that enables the public to clearly follow the proceedings of the public body in real time.
In addition, all members of a public body may participate in a meeting remotely; the Open Meeting Law’s requirement that a quorum of the body and the chair be physically present at the meeting location is suspended.
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, s. 20, I am hereby informing all attendees that a video and audio recording is being made of the meeting and the meeting is being live-streamed and run live on the City’s community TV channel.
- STUDENT SHOWCASE – DUAL LANGUAGE PROGRAM- Metcalf School
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- Members of the public wishing to submit public comment can email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 p.m. Monday, May 17, 2021 Comments will either be displayed or read during the meeting.
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Dean Student Ambassadors
- Superintendent/Receiver Reports
- Return to School Update
- Summer School Planning Update
- Math Curriculum HHS Update
- Budget FY 22 Update
- Graduation/End of Year Activities Update
- Covid-19 Update
- Summer facilities projects (information only)
- Q3 Summary (information only)
- Student Reports
- NEW BUSINESS
- ONGOING BUSINESS
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Committee Secretary before the meeting so that it may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Committee Secretary immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to Liz Lafond, in care of the Receiver’s Office, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.