6:00 pm Fifield Room @ William J Dean Tech High School
1045 Main St, Holyoke 01040
Due to technical issues, this meeting has been cancelled
Posted September 22, 2023, 11:22 AM
CITY OF HOLYOKE
HOLYOKE PUBLIC SCHOOLS
DATE: September 28, 2023
TIME: 6:00 PM
LOCATION: Fifield Room, HOLYOKE HIGH DEAN CAMPUS, 1045 MAIN ST, HOLYOKE, MA 01040
Members of the public can access the meeting here: https://hps-holyoke-ma-us.zoom.us/j/85266232176?pwd=ci9tWEs3cG81SkQxdXZrWW5GenBXQT09
(Spanish Interpretation will be available).
On March 29, 2023, Governor Healey signed into law An Act Relative to Extending Certain State
of Emergency Accommodations, which, among other things, extends the expiration of the
provisions pertaining to the Open Meeting Law to March 31, 2025. Specifically, this extension
allows public bodies to continue holding meetings remotely without a quorum of the public body
physically present at a meeting location, and to provide “adequate, alternative” access to remote
meetings. The Act does not make any new changes to the Open Meeting Law other than
extending the expiration date of the temporary provisions regarding remote meetings from
March 31, 2023, to March 31, 2025.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 28 OF THE ACTS OF 2009, SECTIONS 17-20 (FORMERLY SECTION 23B OF CHAPTER 39) OF THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS, THAT A REGULAR MEETING OF THE HOLYOKE SCHOOL COMMITTEE WILL BE HELD ON SEPTEMBER 28 2023.
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, s. 20, I am hereby informing all attendees that a video and audio recording is being made of the meeting and the meeting is being live-streamed and run live on the City’s community TV channel.
- New Business
- Item # 1- Ordered by Councilor McGee that the joint committee of the school and council invite the receiver to discuss and provide information on the financial literacy program for both high school campuses.
- Item # 2- Ordered by Councilors McGiverin, Anderson-Burgos, Vacon: That the DPW paint a crosswalk at the corner of Jarvis Ave. and West Cherry St. crossing over Jarvis Ave.
- Item # 3-Ordered by Councilors Rivera_J, Anderson-Burgos, Givner, Maldonado-Velez, Murphy-Romboletti, Rivera_I, Jourdain: That the city council work with the mayor and school superintendent to address the reinstatement of bus services for Lyman Terrace as soon as possible, as a matter of public safety. This has been a service they have received for the past 20 years.
- Item # 5-Ordered by school committee member Erin Brunelle, for the joint committee to review the Zoom Policy.
- Item # 6- Ordered by Mr. Collamore, to refer the Homelessness and drug use around school to the joint committee.
- Item # 7-Thrive Act Letter for review and discussion
- Item #8- 4 -6- 23 Joint meeting of the school committee city council meeting minutes.