School Committee Text Size
Event takes place on March 16, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Dean Tech High School, 1045 Main Street
SCHOOL COMMITTEE AGENDA
DATE: MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2015
TIME: 6:00 PM
LOCATION: Fifield Community Room Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main Street
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- PUBLIC DISCUSSION*
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Superintendent’s Communications
- Project 351 Award Winner
- Pioneer Valley Teachers of Excellence
- Update on Board of Education – District Review
- Update on Level 4 Meeting with Russell Johnston – DESE Accountability Office
- Vice Chair Report
- NEW BUSINESS
- Minutes of Meetings
- Special Meeting of February 23, 2015
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the minutes.
- Reports of Committees
- Communications & Policies Subcommittee of February 23, 2015
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the minutes (no substantive motions.)
- 2015-2016 Draft School Calendar
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the 2015-2016 Draft School Calendar as a first reading.
- Financial Transfer
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the transfer as requested.
- Introduced by Committee member Lefebvre that the Special Education PAC be invited to attend School Committee meetings bi-monthly, on the months they do not meet, to report on the previous month’s attendance, topics of discussion, issues that were presented and/or resolved, and to hear any input that parents offered to help improve outcomes for students with special needs.
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive and approve the order introduced by Committee member Lefebvre and request that the Superintendent communicate with the Special Education PAC to extend the invitation and develop a schedule.
- Travel Requests (pages ___)
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to approve the travel request.
- OLD BUSINESS
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the appointments.
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the retirements.
RECOMMENDATION: That the School Committee vote to receive the resignations.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
- To go into Executive Session to discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining with, Teachers (arbitration, litigation), because an open meeting might have a detrimental effect on the bargaining position of the School Committee, [not] to return to open session.
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Superintendent before the meeting so that it may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Superintendent immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to the Superintendent of Schools, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.
Posted on March 11, 2015 by School Admin