Public Safety Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 01, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Wed. April 1st at 6:00PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of prev. meeting minutes
2. Communication from Holyoke Fire Commissioners notifying City Council of 9 buildings in the City with severe structural deficiencies
3. Leahy: Ordered That the Superintendent of the Water Department and the commissioners come into the public safety come to discuss fluoride in our drinking water
4. 10/1/13: Ordered that the Chief of Police, DPW, and Board of Health director be invited to come before the Public Safety Committee to discuss and or provide a safety plan on dealing with needles found by constituents.
5. McGee 3/17/15: Ordered that the alarm division provide the City with an accounting/cost request repairing and or replacing the traffic lights in the City. The cost breakdown should focus first on the intersections that in need of repair immediately and then a breakdown of the over all City traffic lights
6. Bartley 9/2/14: Ordered that DPW and United Water ensure the drainage system near 207 Fairmont St. can handle the water run-off capacity and take any corrective measures necessary.
7. McGee 6/3/14: Ordered that the DPW and United Water look into the catch basin drainage issues at the corner of Woods Ave. and Hillside Ave.
8. McGee 3/18/15: Ordered that the Holyoke Housing Authority and Legal Dept. determine if any space near the Wyatt Harper Park can be used towards expanding the Holyoke Housing Authority parking area
9. Alexander 3/4/14: Ordered that the Dept. of Parks and REc make available compostable/flushable dog waste bags at all locations where dog waste bags are provided and that appropriate signage including disposal regulations be clearly posted at each such location
10. Soto 11/18/14: Ordered that the DPW install signage around City entrances stating “share the road with horses”
11. Soto 9/2/14: Ordered that the City look into installing signage on Main St. informing truck drivers not to use engine braking.
12. Vacon: Ordered that the City Council be updated as to how many properties have been placed in receivership through the housing court and an update from our legal dept. as to how this can decrease blighted properties.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on March 26, 2015 by allenr