Public Safety Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 28, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chambers Monday April 28, 2014
at 5:30 P.M.
Per order of the Chairperson: Linda Vacon
- DPW and Park & recreation considers the repairs for the playground on Kelly School as it has come to my attention that it is not safe for the children using the park. This request is in addition to some repairs to the Pena Park that I have brought forth in a previous order to be addressed.
- Order: DPW and the City Engineer present realistic options to address the constant speeding issues on Hampden St. (mainly caused by vehicles coming from South Hadley on Route 202). Residents on Hampden St. have been dealing with major speeding issues and the problem seems to be increasing with more vehicles using Hampden St. as a way to reach Interstate 91.
- Order: City Council and other stake holders who may have the authority to support development with the city to consider the blocks sorrounding the Holyoke Public library as residents are fed up and are concern with the out look of their sorroundings of blighted, boarded up buildings, such as the:
Burn house on 188 Chestnut St,
Building 117 Essex (boarded up)
70 Essex St.
The building once own by Providence corner of Essex and Elm Street
The Quick & Clean (previously Jim Dandy) corner of Chestnut and Appleton.
- Order: That the Holyoke Housing Authority look into a parking sticker/permit program for Beaudoin Village area. By issuing parking stickers it may help with the parking space shortage issues in that area.
- Order: the Historical Commission come before the Council to discuss the status of “the BUD”
- Order: the DPW install no trespassing signs in and around the dingle area between Holyoke High school and Peck school
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Assistant
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on April 25, 2014 by allenr