Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on November 24, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Holyoke City Council
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday November 24, at 6:00PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. Soto 9/2/14: Ordered that the Chief of Police and Chief of the Fire Department come in to discuss the upkeep of our radio communications
3. Soto: 8/5/14: Ordered that the City’s Emergency Management Director, the Police Chief, and a representative from the Healthy Department come before the City Council and provide information on how we respond to emergencies when residents and or their animals are displaced from their homes as a result of fires, natural disasters, human error etc.
4. Lisi 9/2/14: Ordered that the Chief of Police report whether the City of Holyoke’s police forece has acquired any military grade equipment for law enforcement operations
5. Ordered that the DPW and United Water ensure the drainage system near 207 Fairmont St. can handle the water run-off capacity and take any corrective measures necessary.
6. McGee T: Ordered that the DPW look into creating a parking space on Faille Ave.
7. Soto 9/2/14: Ordered that the City look into installing signage on Main St. informing truck drivers not to use engine braking.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on November 18, 2014 by allenr