Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on September 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chambers Wed. September 25
at 6:00 P.M.
Per order of the Chairperson: Anthony Soto
- BRESNAHAN Ordered, that the DPW and City Engineer reexamine the cross walk on South Street that allows pedestrians to go from South Street to the Whole Donut. Currently, where the crosswalk is located pedestrians are blocked from Shrubbery as they cross the street in front of 192 South Street to the Whole Donut.
- BRESNAHAN, Vacon Ordered, that the Parks and Recreation Department replace the dilapidated, unsafe benches located at the baseball/soccer fields at McMahon Schools forthwith
- LEBRON-MARTINEZ, Water pipe system issues on 73-121 Newton St.
- LEBRON-MARTINEZ, ALEXANDER, TALLMAN, Building issues around the Holyoke Public Library
- SOTO: Ordered that the city of Holyoke transfer all responsibility regarding maintaining all city traffic lights to the Holyoke Gas and Electric.
- LEAHY, LEBRON-MARTINEZ, Ordered that the Police Chief, Gas and Electric Superintendent, Parks and Rec Director and any other departments that are pertinent in regards to making the “high rock” section of the Connecticut River safer.
- BARTLEY Ordered, that the Police Dept. enforce the “do not block the box” ordinance at the intersection of Northampton St. with both Clark St. and Gilman St. and report back to the City Council Public Safety Committee on this.
- FERREIRA, LISI, SOTO: Order that the City Council vote to approve the operation of a Needle Exchange program in the City of Holyoke
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Assistant
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on September 23, 2013 by allenr