Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 27, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the
Public Safety Committee
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Thursday October 27th, at 6:00PM
Per order of the Chair: Dan Bressnahan
- Jourdain 9/21/16: Ordered that the City Council consider the acceptance of some private ways in the City of Holyoke as public ways
- Roman 5/3/16: Ordered that the City accept Temple Street as a public street
- Vacon 9/6/16: Ordered that the City Council consider accepting Wall Road as city street and determine who currently owns the road.
- Bartley 9/6/16: Ordered the DPW look into ways to improve Ogden St. and report back to the City Council. This is an unpaved roadway and the residents in that area would like to see the road paved as soon possible.
- Leahy 9/21/16: Ordered the DPW provides the City Council with the amount it costs on average per year (for the last 4 years) on signage requested by the Council.
- Leahy 6/16/16: Ordered that the City accepts Liberty St. as an accepted City Street. The City is looking to pave this street using Chapter 90 funds this summer and street acceptance is a requirement for funding.
- Lisi 12/1/15: Ordered that the City look into adding a “No Loitering” sign on Main St. near the car wash
- Vacon 10/4/16: Ordered that solar powered lights be added to the stop signs at the Southampton Rd. and County Rd. intersection. The two in Southampton have these lights and are much more visible to drivers and paint stop lines at each stop sign.
- Jourdain 9/21/16: Ordered the City Council adopt a resolution in opposition to the legalization of the recreational use of Marijuana in Massachusetts and send a letter to our state delegation and the governor to this effect.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Also one or two items may require the committee to enter into executive session at this meeting.
Posted on October 24, 2016 by allenr