Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on September 26, 2016 at 6:00 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday, September 26, at 6:00 PM
Per order of the Chair: Todd McGee
1. Lisi 12/1/15: Order: that the city look into adding a “No Loitering” sign on Main St. near the car wash
2 Vacon 12/9/16: Order: That “no trespassing” on Holyoke Water Works right of way and surrounding areas off of Apremont Highway be enforced. There is a high amount of erosion occurring due to high ATV travel in the area.
3. Roman 5/3/16: Order: Ordered, that the City accept Temple Street as a public street.
4. McGee 5/3/16: Order: Order that the DPW and/or engineer come before public safety to discuss the possibility of adding sidewalks along Bemis.
5. Leahy 6/16/15; Order: that the City accepts Liberty St. which runs from Dartmouth to Jefferson, as an accepted City street. The City is looking to pave this street using Chapter 90 funds this summer and as we know street acceptance is a requirement for funding.
6. Jourdain 5/3/16: Order: the City Engineer review West Franklin Street where appropriate for additional marked crosswalks and add appropriate signage for these as necessary.
7. Bresnahan 6/7/16: Order: Request that the a representative from the Fire Dept., health Dept. and Building Dept., Planning dept. come before public safety committee to discuss the bed and breakfast that are currently in operation. Seeing the process that Jays Bed and Breakfast just recently completed to be in compliance with any City or State laws, we need to ensure that other Bed and Breakfast that are currently advertising and are in operation within the City of Holyoke have any and all licenses, are properly zoned and are in fact legitimate.
8. Roman 1/19/16: Order: the City of Holyoke centralize, and consolidate within the fire department all lists of empty and abandoned buildings, providing access to its server to any and all other departments who need it.
9. Roman 2/16/16: Order: the City of Holyoke Fire Department, take over as the Emergency Medical Dispatch for the City (EMD).
10. Roman 2/16/16: Order: the City of Holyoke Fire Department, serve as the backup Basic Life Support Ambulance for the City of Holyoke.
11. Sullivan 5/3/16: Order: the Board of Fire Commissioners meet with the City Council to discuss the ongoing problems with traffic signals.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on September 22, 2016 by allenr