Public Safety Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on December 14, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Monday December 14, at 6:30PM
Per order of Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Acceptance of Previous meeting minutes
2. Valentin 10/6/15: Ordered that our current illegal dumping ordinances be reviewed to determine ways in which the City can enforce them with more success. In addition that the possibility of installing video cameras in alley “hot spots” is explored as a way to curb illegal dumping.
3. Vacon 12/1/15: Ordered that the traffic light at Doyle Dr. and Rt. 202 be changed to a blinking red and and yellow at the end of each class day on days when there are no classes held at HCC. Residents are finding there are long backups during rush hour traffic when classes are no longer in session.
4. Lisi 12/1/15: Ordered that the City look into a no loitering sign on Main St. near the car wash
5. Vacon: Ordered that County Rd. be evaluated for elimination of the passing zones as they encourage an increased rate of speed by drivers
6. Leahy 6/16/15: Ordered that the City accepts Liberty St. which runs from Dartmouth to Jefferson, as an accepted City St. The City is looking to pave this street using Chapter 90 funds.
7. Vacon 11/17/15: Ordered that the intersection of Apremont Highway and Rt. 202 be evaluated for a traffic light and if needed, that a cost for installation be determined.
8. Bartley 11/17/15: Ordered that he City engineer provide recommendations to improve and make safer the intersection at Hitchcock and Martins St. The flashing light is basically ignored as motorist fly down that hill.
9. Bartley 11/17/15: Ordered that the City Engineer provide recommendations to improve and make safer, the intersection at South St., Maple St., and Parenteau Dr. Motorists are making left turns on the red light and crossing over into oncoming traffic.
10: McGiverin 11/17/15: Ordered that the Conservation Commission, DPW, and City Engineer, come before the City Council to discuss the potential new access road for University apartments and the wet land surrounding that potential new road.
11. 12/1/15: Ordered that the Honorable State Senator Don Humason give the Council a status update on the much needed work at the bridge covering the canal located onLyman St. just before the Wherehouse and Open Square.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law
Posted on December 9, 2015 by allenr