Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 25, 2018 at 6:15 PM
Parks & Recreation Office
Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
October 25, 2018 – 6:15 PM
Parks & Recreation Main Office
- Call to Order
- Acceptance of minutes from the September 27, 2018 Commission Meeting
- Correspondence Received:
- Alicia Zoeller, Administrator, Office of Community Development, Notice of Availability of FY 2019 Community Development Block Grant Proposal Applications. Applications are due by Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
- Alicia Zoeller, Administrator Office of Community Development, HUD has accepted her proposed methodology for determining CDBG eligibility of the proposed EN White Playground.
- Holyoke Conservation Commission, Notice to Abutters: Mt. Tom Solar, LLC, request filed for Amended Order of Conditions with the Conservation Commission.
- City Council Orders Received:
- Budget Status for Fiscal Year 2019
- New Business
- Request received from Diosdado Lopez to hold the 32nd Annual Hispanic Family Festival at Springdale Park, May 30th – June 2,
- Roberts Field Sports Complex: Selected to host MIAA Football, MIAA Soccer and MIAA Field Hockey
- Yearly Maintenance Contract for ice path at Community Field
- Other Business
- Old Business
- Tennis Courts Update
- Pouliot Pool – Letter from Superintendent McManus, Robert Peirent and Teresa Shepard was submitted to the City Council, dated September 28, 2018, for additional funding.
- New Scoreboard at MacKenzie Field has been installed. 10/20/18 Re-sodding of MacKenzie Field
- Valley Arena, Ely Park (Basketball Court) & Pulaski Park, (Adult Fitness Equipment) going out to bid in the Fall 2018.
- Medal of Honor Memorial Dedication was held October 3, 2018 at Veterans Park.
- Update on Dean 60’ Diamond & Crosier Field 60’ Diamond
- Recreation Report
- Suburban Basketball – Try out dates
- Adult Basketball Program at Holyoke High School
- After School Program at Sullivan School cancelled – gymnasium not available
- 10/20 Pawtastic Costume Party, Community Field
- 10/25 Fire Department Halloween Party
- 10/27, Parks & Recreation Halloween Party
- 12/1 Annual Christmas Tree Lighting and 2nd Annual Parade of Lights
- 12/15 Cookies & Milk with Santa
- Skating at Community Field –Weather Dependent
- 12/31 First Night Junior, Support
- New Hires/Seasonal, Part-Time Staff
- Next Meeting Date
Thursday, November 29, 2018
Posted on October 23, 2018 by Parks Admin