Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 26, 2018 at 6:15 PM
Parks & Recreation Office
Parks & Recreation Commission Meeting
April 26, 2018 – 6:15 PM
Parks & Recreation Main Office
1. Call to Order
2. Acceptance of minutes from the March 15, 2018 Commission Meeting
3. Correspondence Received:
Holyoke, MA Conservation Commission, Abutter Notification Form.
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation has filed a request for a Notice of Intent with the Holyoke, MA Conservation Commission and Western Massachusetts Region of the Department of Environmental Protection. Applicant is seeking a permit for the following project: Management of non-native invasive plant species within Mount Tom State Reservation using manual and chemical management methods.
4. City Council Orders Received:
Introduced by Councilor Juan Anderson-Burgos
Ordered, that the Parks & Recreation Department & DPW replace wood chips at all Parks and Rohan Park because footings on structures are exposed which could result in injuries to children.
In City Council, April 3, 2018. Received and adopted. Referred to the Parks & Rec and DPW.
5. Pioneer Valley Blue Sox – 2018 Contract
6. Community Preservation Committee Update
Alicia Zoeller, Administrator of the Office for Community Development is Coordinating a CPA organizational Meeting with select Department heads on May 7, 2018.
7. Budget: FY 2019
8. New Business:
- A request has been received from Olivia Mausel, on behalf of the Holyoke Preservation Trust, for permission to apply for the National Register of Historic Places for the Smith Ferry Cemetery and the Rock Valley Cemetery.
- Handball update: Review of volunteer efforts of William & Nancy Ortiz
- Release of applications for vendors for Annual Fireworks Celebration at Holyoke Community College
9. Old Business
- Parks & Recreation Facility Update- Department of Public Works Superintendent McManus
Pouliot Pool – Update
Tennis Courts Reconstruction-Update
Mackenzie Field Restrooms & Concession Building
Ely Basketball Court Update
Pulaski Park – Adult Fitness Center
- Valley Arena Status of Park Redesign
- ROCA – Painted the 3 interior offices of the Parks Department at City Hall
10. Recreation Report
- Spring Celebration – March 30, 2017
- Arbor Day – April 28th at Donoghue School
- Holyoke Girls Softball Jamboree – Saturday, April 28th
- Holyoke Youth Baseball Jamboree – Saturday May 4th
- Lifeguard Training Course
- Summer Swim/Gym Program
- River Roll & Stroll
11. New Hires/Seasonal, Part-Time Staff
12. Other Business
13. Next Meeting Date
Posted on April 24, 2018 by Parks Admin