Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on September 27, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday, September 27, at 6:30 PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
- Special permit application of Heriberto Flores to operate a Registered Medical Marijuana Dispensary at 630 Beaulieu St. Holyoke MA. (Assessors Map 055 Block 00 Parcel 003)
2. PUBLIC HEARING CONTINUED: Lopez: Order: the City Council adopt a Special Permit/application for any Methadone/Suboxone Clinics coming to the City.
3. Zone Change application of Mont Marie Property LLC for property address 34 Lower Westfield Rd. Holyoke MA (Assessors Map 118 Block 00 Parcel 005) from current zone RA to proposed zone RO.
4. Petition for a text change of a Zoning Ordinance for Mont Marie Property LLC for property address 34 Lower Westfield Rd. Holyoke MA (Assessors Map 118 Block 00 Parcel 005) Text change is as follows: “Petitioner is requesting a text change to the Zoning Ordinance to add “for every five (5) acres of land area” at the end of section 4.3 subsections 22, 24 and 24A on the Use Chart to allow for larger buildings on a larger size parcel that can accommodate greater than 2,500 square feet.”
5. Roman 9/6/16: Order: that the Bus Stop at 68 Cabot Street be moved in front of 50-60 Cabot Street.
6. Roman 9/6/16: Order: that the Bus Stop / Depot in front of 475 Maple Street be moved 300 Ft in either direction and not directly in front of Falcetti Towers, smoke from smokers are effecting residents, and are sitting on front steps / benches designated for residents.
7. Roman 9/6/16: Order: that an Emergency Vehicles only sign be placed in front of 68 Cabot Street, and 475 Maple Street.
8. Vacon 9/6/16: Order: the the City Engineer evaluate and recommend stop sign placements at Lower Westfield Road near the Elks where Whitney Ave crosses to the Elks and that lines are painted in the roads that meet Lower Westfield road to indicate that they are two way streets. Consider moving the stop sign part way through the “rotary- like” area to Lower Westfield Road so that all traffic entering Lower Westfield Road from the side streets must stop prior to entering the roadway. Constituents are requesting safety improvements due to increased traffic in the area.
9. Vacon 9/6/16: Order: Add solar powered lights or signage or other improvements to make crosswalks at Kane Road, Sterling Rd. and Pynchon Rd more visible to drivers to increase safety for pedestrians.
10. Leahy 9/6/16: Order: That Chapter 86 of the Code of Ordinances be amended as necessary in order prohibit the operation of commercial vehicles on Dartmouth Street.
11. McGee 9/6/16: Order: Second request) that the engineer review the speed limit on old ferry road and that DPW post speed limit signs on the street.
12. Roman 5/17/16: Order: city place a “Loading Zone” sign in front of 845 Main Street, for business owner Diomedes Chaves, who is having difficulty locating parking for delivery truck.
13. Vacon 8/2/16: Order: That a stop sign be placed and a stop line painted at Richard Eger Drive and Whitney Ave.
14. Bartley 8/2/16: Order: The City Council consider amending City ordinances to limit parking on the north side of Myrtle St. from the corner of Northampton St. east to the first driveway.
15. Bartley 8/2/16: Order: The City Council seek input from the city engineer to consider removing 2 of the 4 ‘no parking’ signs on Old Easthampton Rd. Specifically, consider removing the ‘no parking’ signs from pole numbers 45-1 and 45-2. Further, order that a ‘no parking any time’ sign be posted on the west side of Old Easthampton Rd., which would prevent motorists from parking in front of the home owners on that street. Finally, order that the Administrative Assistant send written notice to the home owners on Old Easthampton Rd. when a hearing date is scheduled with the Ordinance Committee.
16: Lebron-Martinez 8/2/16: Order: no parking signs be placed on both sides of street at Pequot Street in the entrance of Kelly school.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on September 23, 2016 by allenr