Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday. April 12, at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Previous meeting minutes
2. Petition of Dennis Croteau of Holyoke for a zone change at 79 & 83 Lower Westfield Rd. from BL to BG or IG
3. Lisi 4/7/15: Order: that the City Council consider making dimensional changes to the regulations for the BH zone (Table 5.2 of the Zoning Ordinance).
4. Lisi 5/9/15: order that the City Council review the Business General (BG), Business Highway (BH), Shopping Center (SC), and IG (General Industry) zoning ordinances to see if they can be consolidated and/or reformulated to make more intuitive and business-friendly commercial districts
5. Jourdain 8/4/15: Order: That the Zoning Section 7.1.1, 4 be amended as follows by adding the following clause, ” Parking lots or structures designed to serve these institutions and their accessory uses and buildings are allowed whether or not a fee is charged for their use; provided, that parking lots shall only be allowed by special permit of the City Council.”
6. Lisi 4/21/15: Ordered, that Section 2-35 of the Code of Ordinances, entitled “Classification and Compensation Plans” be amended to incorporate a new Classification and Compensation Plan, Elected Official Salary Ordinance and Miscellaneous Salary Schedule based upon the results of the HRS Salary Study, and that the current DH, PR and Miscellaneous Salary Schedules, as well as any other amendments previously adopted under this section be repealed.
7. Jourdain 3/2/16: Ordered that the Ordinance Committee discuss the possible revision of Ord 2-182 to require City Council input on assignment of offices inside City Hall, as well as amended as further required by the Council to ensure the proper assignment of offices inside City Hall.
8. Jourdain 3/2/16: Ordered that the Mayor come before the Ordinance Committee to discuss his plan to move municipal offices. He should discuss this plan with Council prior to implementing them9. Tallman 3/15/16: Ordered that an ordinance be created that prohibits smoking in all City owned vehicles, third hand smoke, or smoky scent left in a vehicle can negatively effect other employees health.
10. Alexander 12/15/15: Ordered that the Council consider legislation prohibiting smoking on all City owned property and/or in all city owned vehicles.
11. McGee, Jourdain: Ordered that the City adopt the Paleontological Resources ordinance for the City of Holyoke
12. Jourdain, Roman 1/5/16: Ordered that a an ordinance be created requiring the Mayor to submit a balanced budget for the subsequent fiscal year to the City Council by April 30th each year. The Mayor’s Budget proposal for expenses may not exceed the projected revenues for the subsequent fiscal year. The Mayor may not use uncertified free cash dollars o unapproved withdrawals from the stabilization fund in his revenue estimate to provide a balanced budget for the subsequent fiscal year
13. Leahy 1/5/16: Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 65 Taylor St. for Faizul Sibdhanny
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law
Posted on April 7, 2016 by allenr