Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on January 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tuesday January 12, at 6:30PM
Per order of Chair: Linda Vacon
1. Jourdain/Roman 1/5/15: Order: That an Ordinance be created requiring the Mayor to submit a balanced budget for the subsequent fiscal year to the City Council by April 30th of each year. The Mayor’s Budget proposal for expenses may not exceed the projected revenues for the subsequent fiscal year. The Mayor may not use uncertified free cash dollars or unapproved withdrawals from the Stabilization fund in his revenue estimate to provide a balanced budget for the subsequent fiscal year.
2. Bartley 12/15/15: Order that the City remove the “no parking” sign in front of 70 Chestnut St. (Whiting School).
3. Bartley 11/17/15: Ordered, that The city council consider deleting the “no left turn” ordinance on Whiting Farms Rd. at K-Mart Plaza. Further, the city council consider ordaining a “left turn only” lane into K-Mart Plaza from Northampton St
4. Jourdain 11/17/15: Ordered, that an Ordinance be created establishing “No Parking” on the odd side of Beacon Avenue from the corner of Canby Street & Beacon Ave and the driveway to 27-29 Canby Street. Neighbors across the street are unable to get in and out of their driveway
5. Bartley 11/17/15: The city council amend parking ordinance on Westfield Rd. near Blessed Sacrament that will allow for parking during weekend masses and will provide additional parking space.
6. Vacon 11/17/15: That the speed limit on Lower Westfield Road be reduced from 30mph to 20 mph for the portion of the road from Homestead Ave. that leads to the Elks.
7. Vacon 11/17/15: Add a stop sign at the end of Lynn Ann Dr. going easterly at Lower Westfield Rd. per recommendation of DPW/Engineering.
8. Leahy 11/6/15: Ordered that Donlee St. to be posted residential parking. Please bring in Chief of Police and City engineer to discuss
9. Vacon 10/6/15: Ordered that “no overnight parking” signs be placed in front of 5 Donlee St. and across from 5 Donlee per request of residents
10. McGee 10/6/15: Ordered that DPW install blinking crosswalk lights at the corner of Nonotuck and Lincoln as soon as possible
11. Lisi 8/4/15: That the City consider replacing the bus stop at the corner of Hampshire & Maple Sts. it was recently deleted, but serves as a busy connection between buses coming down Hampshire St.
12. Bartley Order To amend Holyoke Code of Ordinances Chapter 22, Sections 161-163 (Pawnbrokers),and Chapter 66 (Secondhand dealers), by requiring that all city businesses subject to these laws be required to photograph any merchandise it receives, buys and sells, and to photograph any Sellers, and then upload the photos onto a police computer system for the purpose of making an electronic record. Currently, pawnbrokers are only required to keep a “book…open to the inspection of the Mayor or city council” or any other duly authorized person. Further, the amendment should require said dealers to hold items for at least 30 days prior to resale and the amendment should require pawnbrokers and secondhand dealers to register with the Chief of Police (i.e. Section 62-73) like Peddlers, Hawkers and Solicitors must do.
13. Soto 8/5/14: Ordered, that Section 2-34 of the Ordinances be reviewed and amended as necessary to prevent any office of city hall from closing early or closing during normal business hours.
14. Bartley 11/17/15: Order: The city council order removal of the handicap parking sign at 5-7 Martin St. The business at that address no longer requires it.
15. Soto 10/6/15: Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 136 Sargeant St. for Ivonne Mora
16. Lebron-Martinez 11/17/15: Order that a handicap sign be placed in front of 100 Beech St. for Phillip Manzi
17. Valentin 11/17/15: Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 195 Suffolk St. for Maria Vasquez
18. Valentin 11/17/15: Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 16 Clinton St. for Robert A. Fitzpatrick Jr.
19. Soto 6/16/15: Ordered that handicap sign be placed in front of 582 South Summer St. for Hector L. Velasquez
20. Bartley: Order that a handicap space be placed at 34 Congress Ave. for Josue Andujar
21: Lisi 3/17/15: Order: That the Council consider amending Zone SC to allow for certain additional business types
22. Lisi 3/17/15: Order: That city create a Shopping Center Zoning Code designed for such large-scale districts, including but not limited to the Kmart Plaza (King Street), the South St. Plaza etc.
23: Bresnahan: Order: the DPW install appropriate signage stating local traffic only, no commercial vehicles on Lower Westfield Rd. from Whiting Farms Road to Holy Family and on Route 5 at the bottom of Lower Westfield Rd. The neighborhood has seen an increase of commercial vehicles (trucks).
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law
Posted on January 8, 2016 by allenr