Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on April 28, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tues. April 28 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1 Prev. meeting Minutes
2. Application for a Special Permit for a Flea Market for David Roman of 33 Lamb St. South Hadley MA on 60 Jackson St. Holyoke MA
3. 4/21/15 Lisi: Ordered, that Section 2-35 of the Code of Ordinances, entitled “Classification and Compensation Plans” be amended to incorporate a new Classification and Compensation Plan, Elected Official Salary Ordinance and Miscellaneous Salary Schedule based upon the results of the HRS Salary Study, and that the current DH, PR and Miscellaneous Salary Schedules, as well as any other amendments previously adopted under this section be repealed.
4. 4/7/15: From Mayor Alex B. Morse letter re: naming of Jones Ferry River Access Center in honor of Sue Ellen Panitch
5. Alexander 3/4/14: Whereas: Chapter 62 (Peddlers, Hawkers & Solicitors refers to a class of specific Businesses:
Ordered: That Chapter 62 be reviewed for (a) streamlining, (b) inclusion as one or more Divisions of Chapter 22 (Businesses), (c) to revise section 62-32 (Peddler’s License- Registration Required)’s requirement of a Police-issued Permit with a License Commission-issued License, (d) to revise section 62-93 (Hawker’s License- Issuance) replacing the City Council with the License Commission as Issuing Authority, and (e) d) to revise section 62-33 and 62-94 removing the reference to specific permit fees and granting the setting of such fees to the License Commission
6. Alexander 4/4/14: Whereas: The License Commission currently has no staff to perform license checks or other related inspections Ordered: That the Council create a position of Inspector of Licenses with appropriate duties and powers to ensure compliance with the conditions attached to any License or Permit granted or monitored by the Commission
7. Alexander 4/4/14: Order: Whereas: The City Council engages in many administrative decisions that are distractions from its legislative mission and purpose. Ordered: That Chapter 22 Sec 22-71 (Auction Licenses) be amended to replace issuance by the City Council with issuance by the License Commission, and that section 22-73 (Fee) be amended to remove reference to a specific amount and the setting of such fee be granted to the License Commission.
8. Alexander 4/4/14: Whereas: Commercial Animal Establishments (Grooming Shops, Kennels, etc) may create certain impacts on public health and safety and as such should be monitored for compliance with their licensing/permitting conditions. Ordered: That Ordinance Sec 14-1 be altered to change the Licensing Authority for Commercial Animal Establishments from the City Clerk’s office to the License Commission, and further that Sec 14-2 be amended to remove reference to specific fees and give establishment of that fee schedule to the License Commission
9: Alexander 4/4/14: Whereas: The Police Department has enough on its plate: Ordered: That Chapter 22 Article III (Fortune Tellers) be amended to replace permit issuance by the Police Department with issuance by the License Commission, that section 22-103 (Fee) be amended to remove reference to a specific amount and the setting of such fee be granted to the License Commission, and that the entirety of Article III be reviewed to streamline it and bring it into alignment with other similar regulated businesses.
10: Valentin 4/21/15: Ordered that a handicap sign be placed in front of 282-284 Pine St. for Juan A. Collado
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on April 24, 2015 by allenr