Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on March 10, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, on Tues. March 10 at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
Joint Public Hearing Planning Board Ordinance Committee: 1.Lisi 8/5/14 Order: that the City Council Ordinance Committee work with the Planning Department and City Clerk’s office to re-craft the application process for special permits for auto vehicle sales and vehicle repair. It has become clear that the current process does not serve the interest of business applicants, nor does it provide adequate information to relevant city departments involved in assessing proposed projects.
2. Valentin 8/5/14: Order: That in lieu of a costly and impracticable public acceptance of Owens Place as a public way, the City Council enacts an ordinance authorizing temporary repairs to Owens Place. According to Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 40, § 6N, a municipality’s voluntary undertaking to repair does not transform the nature of a private way into a public one. The ordinance or by-law authorizing temporary repair of a private way must “determine (a) the type and extent of repairs; (b) if drainage shall be included; (c) if the repairs are required by public necessity; (d) the number of percentage of abutters who must petition for such repairs; (e) if betterment charges shall be assessed; (f) the liability limit of the city or town on account of damages caused by such repairs; (g) if the ways shall have been opened to public use for a term of years; and (h) if a cash deposit shall be required for said repairs.”
3. Lebron-Martinez 9/23/14: Order: That a 15 minutes parking sign be place in front of Kay’s Bakery on 182 Lyman Street. thanks for all you do for the council.
4. Bartley 3/3/15: Ordered that the no turn on red sign on Brown Ave and South St. be modified.
5. Bartley 3/3/15: Ordered that the no turn on red sign on Hitchcock St. and Northampton St. be modified
6. Bartley 3/3/15: Ordered that stop signs be placed at the end of Roberto Clemente St. at the intersection of Adams St.
7. Bartley 2/17/15: Order: That a no parking sign be installed in the “dead end” area of Brown Ave. Specifically, this is the area near #2 Brown Ave. and the house next door (#274 South St.).
8. McGee 2/3/15: Order that no over night parking signs be installed in the library parking area at 250 Chestnut Street. Note: The Library would like to have signs prohibiting overnight parking in the Library parking lots at 250 Chestnut and DPW has also requested them
9. Bartley 12/2/14: Order: that the name be changed of the portion of Coit St. that is west of Hillside Ave.
10. McGee 12/16/14: Order That the city approve the list of 9 new bus stops in Holyoke per the request of the PVTA. See attached list.
11. Lebron-Martinez 12/2/14: Order That the handicap sign located on 97 High Street be removed per tenants request of building and business since the resident with the placard doesn’t lives at 97 High Street
12. Lebron-Martinez 12/2/14: Order: That a “no standing or Idling” sign be placed from the corner of Bower and Appleton trucks to the end of Conklin furniture driveway, Sullivan Steel trucks park close to curb blocking the view of cars and pedestrian
13. Valentin 9/2/14: That the speed limit sign located between 186 and 190 Pine St. be reviewed to determine if the speed posted is correct. It is currently posted as 30 MPH and this is a densely populated residential area.
14. Alexander 9/2/14: Ordered: That the DPW paint a “do not block the box” box with cross hatching at the intersection and install appropriate signage.
15. Jourdain 9/2/14: Ordered, that ordinances be reviewed to make sure that large commercial vehicles such as tractor trailer trucks are not being parked on residential streets overnight or for longer than 1 hour.
16. Tallman 6/3/14: Order that the DPW change the 30 mile per hour speed limit sign on the corner of Bemis Rd. and West Meadow View to 20 miles per hour. Also order that the DPW erect slow children signs at 192 Bemis Rd. and 1 Joanne Dr.
17. Chateauneuf 6/2/14: Order: City install “Do Not Block Driveway” signs at entrance to Dino’s restaurant on Homestead Avenue. The congestion from traffic makes it difficult for customers to get in and out of the parking lot.
18. Alexander 4/1/14: Ordered: That the DPW begin a test of yellow curbing rather than no parking signs in a section of downtown to determine if such markings can be used throughout the city in place of “no parking” signs
19. Zone Change Application: Greater Holyoke YMCA for 399 Appleton St. From Zone DR to BC
20. Handicap application for Juanita Santos at 1189 Dwight St.
21. VAlentin 6/17/14: Ordered, that That a “NO TURN ON RED” sign be installed at the
corner of Dwight St. and Pleasant St. for drivers turning right onto Dwight
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on March 6, 2015 by allenr