Ordinance Committee meeting Text Size
Event takes place on August 19, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall: Council Chambers
Holyoke City Council
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on
At City Hall in the Council Chamber, Tuesday August 19, at 6:30PM
Per order of the Chair: Rebecca Lisi
1. Acceptance of previous meeting minutes
2. 8/5/14 Lisi: Order: that the City Council Ordinance Committee work with the Planning Department and City Clerk’s office to re-craft the application process for special permits for auto vehicle sales and vehicle repair. It has become clear that the current process does not serve the interest of business applicants, nor does it provide adequate information to relevant city departments involved in assessing proposed projects.
3. 6/3/13 Valentin: Order: that the registration fees for vacant buildings be reviewed to determine if an increase is warranted based on the numerous vacant properties throughout the City and the issues with noncompliance regarding Sec. 18-35 Regulation of blighted and vacant buildings. Amend that the Board of Heath supply the council with a list of blighted building’s and also who is not in compliance.
4. Jourdain 3/4/14: Order: an ordinance be created to change the policy regarding vacation leave payouts for non-union employees so that leave is paid on a accrual basis when the employee retires.
5. 3/18/14 Jourdain Order: that Travel Policy 2-48 be amended to further specify no personal use of city owned vehicles, no operation of the vehicles by non-city employees no occupancy of the vehicles by non-city employees unless it is incident to an authorized official use. That we further explore the necessity of providing a city-owned vehicle to certain listed/non-listed personnel, as well as, consider if other non-vehicle means of reimbursement would be more appropriate. Further that we consider providing other amendments to the ordinance sections related to city owned vehicles as necessary.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on August 14, 2014 by allenr