Ordinance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on August 26, 2013 at
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Committee on
At the City Council Chambers on Monday August 26, 2013
At 6:30P.M. At City Hall in the Council Chambers
Per order of the Chairperson: Rebecca Lisi
- Lisi: Order the City Council engage the DPW, Water Department, Legal Department, and any other relevant departments and commissions in a in depth exploration of combined water/sewer shut off in order to increase the City’s (default) sewer revenue collections
- Jourdain, Alexander: Order the City Council take the necessary steps to formally merge the City’s Water and Sewer operations
- Bresnahan, Alexander, Vega: Order City of Holyoke aadopt MGL Chapter 40N in order for the municipality establish or continue to maintain an economical and efficient water system and sewer works system; that accurate, appropriate, and self-sustaining fees, rates and charges for water and sewer service within the municipality be established, and all consumers, public and private, taxpayer and tax exempt, pay their fair share of the costs of such services
- Jourdain: Order that Ordinance Section 90-86 relative to certain special industrial sewer agreements be deleted or amended to put them more in line with the sewer rates paid by residential, commercial, and all other industrial sewer rates
- Bresnahan: Ordered, that City Council vote to accept the provisions of M.G.L. Chapter 138 section 12 paragraph 15. Which would enable the Holyoke License Board to grant a license to current Wine and Beer/Wine and Malt holding Licensees to sell cordials at their respective establishments
- Vacon: Order that the City Council take steps to accept chapter 40M to create a new water/sewer authority or implement a structure/system within the city that allows for combined billing of water and sewer with the capability of shutting off water for failure to pay sewer fee.
Ryan M. Allen: Administrative Assistant
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on August 22, 2013 by allenr