Notice of Finance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM
City Hall, City Council Chambers, 536 Dwight St. Holyoke, MA 01040
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the Committee on Finance
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
City Hall, City Council Chambers
Joseph M. McGiverin, Finance Chair
- MCGIVERIN that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2019, Four thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($4,000) as follows:
12401-51106 Electrical Inspector $4,000
12402-53050 Electrical Inspections $4,000
- MCGIVERIN -that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2019, Eleven thousand two hundred forty-five and 07/100 Dollars ($11,245.07) as follows:
12201-51105 Firefighters $11,245.07
12201-51102 Deputy Chiefs $2,523.01
12201-51103 Captains 3,409.92
12201-51104 Lieutenants 5,312.14
- MCGIVERIN that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2019, Fourteen thousand three hundred sixty-nine and 03/100 Dollars ($14,369.03) as follows:
12201-51105 Firefighters $14,369.03
12201-51104 Lieutenants $14,369.03
- MCGIVERIN that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2019, One thousand ninety-seven and 46/100 Dollars ($1,097.46) as follows:
1201-51110 Alarms Officers $1,097.46
12201-51107 Supervisor-Alarms $618.55
12201-51109 Asst Supervisor-Alarms 91
- MCGIVERIN that the amount of Five thousand six hundred thirty-three and 52/100 Dollars ($5633.52) be authorized from the Solicitor Department’s Litigation (11512-57600), Two hundred seventy-five and 00/100 Dollars ($275) be authorized from the Litigation (11512-57600) appropriation in fiscal year 2019 for services rendered in fiscal year 2018 which were unencumbered at the 2018 fiscal year end.
- MCGIVERIN that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “Complete Streets Construction” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
- MCGIVERIN That the City of Holyoke appropriate the amount of ($390,000) Dollars for the purpose of paying costs for the Schematic Design and related project management for the William R. Peck School located at 1916 Northampton Street, including the payment of all costs incidental or related thereto, and for which the City of Holyoke may be eligible for a grant from the Massachusetts School Building Authority (“MSBA”), said amount to be expended under the direction of the School Building Committee. To meet this appropriation the City Council, with the approval of the Mayor is authorized to borrow said amount under and pursuant to M.G.L. Chapter 44, or pursuant to any other enabling authority. The City of Holyoke acknowledges that the MSBA’s grant program is a non-entitlement, discretionary program based on need, as determined by the MSBA, and any costs the City of Holyoke incurs in excess of any grant approved by and received from the MSBA shall be the sole responsibility of the City, and that the amount of borrowing authorized pursuant to this vote shall be reduced by any grant amount set forth in the Feasibility Study Agreement that may be executed between the City of Holyoke and the MSBA.
- Communication from Mayor Alex B. Morse – letter re: Holyoke Middle Schools.
- Communication from Mayor Alex B. Morse – letter to Jack McCarthy, Executive Director, MSBA
- MCGEE, Lebron-Martinez Ordered, that Order that the city council invite in Margaret Woods to the finance committee to give an update on the middle school project(s).
Brenna Murphy McGee
The listing of matter are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on October 5, 2018 by Irma Lopez