Holyoke Conservation Commission
City of Holyoke
Sue Ellen Panitch River Access Center
8 Oscar Street
- New Commission Business
- Notice of Intent: DEP 186-0267
- Applicant: Western Massachusetts Electric Company d/b/a Eversource
- Representative: BSC Group.
- Location: Northampton Street/Route 5 Holyoke, MA
- Description: construction of a temporary utility pole at the Mt. Tom Generating Station located on Northampton Street (MBP 227-00-005). Proposed plan will require work within the Bordering Land Subject to Flooding, the Riverfront Resource Area, and the 50′ and 100′ buffer zones of an isolated wetland complex . Work will consist of altering 5 square feet and 35 cubic feet of Bordering Land Subject to Flooding for the purpose of constructing a temporary switchyard at the location of the former Mt. Tom Coal Plant..
- Returning Commission Business
- A) Notice of Intent: DEP 186-0265
- Applicant: Mountain View Baptist Church
- Representative: Michael Gagnon, Milone & MacBroom
- Location: 310 Apremont Highway
- Description: Request to continue public hearing to 9/28/17
- Other Commission Business
- Discussion of Edna Williams Parcels and possibility of preserving the final parcel of that estate.
- Discussion of CPC Meeting and authorization to enter into a contract with the Community Development Block Grant Program for development of a CPA plan.
4. Items on More time
- A) Eversource/Northeast Utilities Coal Tar Remediation within Connecticut River – Pending NHESP Review
Items may be taken out of the order posted, as determined by the Chair and based upon the meeting management needs.