Holyoke City Council Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on October 03, 2017 at 7:00 PM
City Hall City Council chambers, 536 Dwight St. HOlyoke, MA 01040
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
LAID ON THE TABLE
1. From Mayor Alex B. Morse letter re: Veto of Recreational Marijuana Moratorium
2. From Brenna Murphy McGee CMC, City Clerk, minutes of September 20, 2017.
3. From Brian D. Fitzgerald, Director Board of Health letter re: Feral Cats.
4. From Aaron Vega, State Representative, Fifth Hampden District, letter re: changes along Route 141.
5. From Parks & Recreation minutes of August 23, 2017.
6. From Board of Public Works minutes of September 11, 2017.
7. Petition of Eric Cassidy, for a non-conforming use (4.7.2.) at 301 Linden St.
REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
8. Ordinance Committee Reports (if any)
9. Finance Committee Reports (if any)
10. Public Safety Committee Reports (if any)
11. Public Service Committee Reports (if any)
12. Development and Governmental Relations Committee Reports (if any)
12A. The Committee on Development and Governmental Relations to whom was referred an order that The DGR committee invite Tim Brennan, PVPC Director, to a meeting. Recommend that the order has been complied with
12B. The Committee on Development and Governmental Relations to whom was referred an order : that the Office of Planning & Economic Development and representatives from the Historic Commission be invited to present the City’s Historic Preservation Plan Update to the Development and Government Relations Committee of the City Council. Awaiting Disposition
12C. The Committee on Development and Governmental Relations to whom was referred Special Permit application of Paola Ferrario for non-conforming structures, other than single and two family structures (4.7.3) at 2 – 4 Portland Street (Map 078 Block 00 Parcel 048) Awaiting Disposition
12D. The Committee on Development and Governmental Relations to whom was referred Special Permit application of Peoples Bank for a Drive thru facility (4.3 C.25) at 1850 Northampton St., 1864-1866 Northampton St., 12 Corser St., 14 Corser St. respectively. (Map 110 Block 00 Parcels 04, 05, 14, 13) Awaiting Disposition
13. Charter and Rules Committee Reports (if any)
14. Joint City Council and School Committee Reports (if any)
MOTIONS, ORDERS AND RESOLUTIONS
15. BARTLEY — The city ordinances be amended to prohibit parking during the winter months (November through March, for example) at the north corner of Fenton St where it connects with Homestead Ave. This would allow for better access for plows and emergency vehicles. It is a constituent request.
16. BARTLEY — The City Council amend its rules to allow the committee Chair to name any city councilor to sit at the committee table and to have full authority to deliberate and vote. The purpose of this is to ensure a quorum is present. The Chair shall have discretion to name a city councilor so long as the city councilor is present.
17. JOURDAIN — That all Councilors and the Mayor report if they have been offered or received any campaign donations in 2017 from anyone connected to the marijuana industry or any proposal or prospective proposal for medical or recreational marijuana in the City of Holyoke. This should include anyone who is or has been an attorney or other agent acting on behalf of anyone involved in locating a marijuana facility in any form in the city. It should also include any owner or investor in any such facility. This requested disclosure should be given in writing as a communication to the City Clerk by noon on October 16, 2017 so it can appear as a communication at the Council’s October 20th meeting agenda. Please report the name of the donor or prospective donor, amount received if any and approximate date received.
18. LEBRON-MARTINEZ — that a proclamation be provided to Steve Lieblum, from NERI Jump Start for his dedication and mentoring service provided to our youth in community for his years of service.
19. LEBRON-MARTINEZ — That a proclamation be provided to Holyoke Boys & Girls Club for their 125 years of service in particular to our youth population
20. LEBRON-MARTINEZ — that the handicapped at 14 Center street be removed since the individual who requested does no longer needed and to create more parking on this street.
21. MCGEE — that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “MEDAL OF HONOR MONUMENT GRANT” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
22. MCGEE — Order the city council invite the city auditor into a finance meeting to get an update on the office.
23. MCGEE — Order that the DPW patch the raised sidewalks around 3 George street and Jefferson.
24. MCGEE — Order the DPW/forestry dept cut back the trees and clean up the pathway near EN White school connecting Jefferson Street and Radcliffe Circle.
25. MCGEE — Order that the HG &E install lights along the pathway near EN White school connecting Jefferson Street and Radcliffe Circle.
26. MCGEE — Order the DPW trim the trees on George street they are low and over the sidewalks.
27. MCGEE — Order that DPW and Park and Rec please develop a plan to better address the trash problem at city parks (see image below).
28. VACON — ”Ordered that the Council amend Section 18-35(d)(2)(B)(1) to correct a drafting error included in the council’s June 6, 2017 adopted revision of said section.”
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting.
Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law
Posted on September 29, 2017 by Irma Lopez