Holyoke City Council Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on January 03, 2017 at 7:00 PM
City Hall, City Council Chambers, 536 Dwight St. Holyoke, MA 01040
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
LAID ON THE TABLE
1. From Holyoke Board of Health, minutes of September 8 & October 3, 2016.
2. From Board of Public Works, minutes of October 17, 2016.
3. From Sewer Commission, minutes of October 17, 2016.
4. From Stormwater Authority minutes of October 17, 2016.
5. Appointments of City Officers 2017
6. From Sara J. Carroll, Assistant City Solicitor, letter re: Review of Meeting Minutes for Compliance with the Open Meeting Law.
7. From Brenna Murphy McGee, CMC, City Clerk and Ryan Allen, Admin. Ass’t. to City Council minutes of December 20, 2016.
REPORTS OF COMMITTEES
8. Ordinance Committee Reports (if any)
9. Finance Committee Reports (if any)
10. Public Safety Committee Reports (if any)
11. Public Service Committee Reports (if any)
12. Development and Governmental Relations Committee Reports (if any)
13. Charter and Rules Committee Reports (if any)
14. Joint City Council and School Committee Reports (if any)
14A. The Committee on Joint Committee of City Council and School to whom was referred an order that the School Department provide a budget for how much money is being spent annually to pay for the School Resource Officers for the District. Recommend that the order has been complied with
14B. The Committee on Joint Committee of City Council and School to whom was referred an order that the School Department submit a break down of all teaching staff in the Holyoke Public School System and where they currently live. Recommend that the order has been complied with
MOTIONS, ORDERS AND RESOLUTIONS
15. LOPEZ — That the DPW Superintendent and Police Chief come to the Ordinance Committee to discuss the prevention Ordinance of Panhandling at the following locations by creating or erecting barriers for Panhandler’s to freely walk along the Road side soliciting money and interfering with the traffic flow:
1) Hampden and Northampton St.
2) Dwight and Northampton St.
3) Main Street by 391
4) 391 Main Street exit
5) 391 and High St.
6) Maple st and Resnic Boulevard
7) Whiting Farm Rd – Mall entrance
16. LOPEZ — That the City Solicitor looks into providing training to all Commissioners (Fire Commission, DPW, Sewer, Park and Recreation and so on) in order to comply with the open meeting law.
17. MCGEE — ordered that Section 2-48 travel policy, part 4 (a)
LEAHY of the code of ordinances be amended to add the Mayor
LOPEZ to the list of employees authorized to take their
TALLMAN city vehicle home.”
18. MCGEE — that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2017, Forty-three thousand eight hundred one and 00/100 Dollars ($43,801) as follows:
*****-***** Free Cash $43,801
12101-51400 Longevity $11,981
12101-51900 Clothing Allowance 21,500
12101-51520 Holiday Differential 10,320
19. MCGEE — that the sum of $2,000,000 is appropriated to pay the costs of designing and installing a Public Safety Radio Network, including all costs incidental and related thereto, and that to meet this appropriation the Treasurer, with the approval of the mayor, is authorized to borrow said amount under and pursuant to Chapter 44, Section 7(1) of the General Laws, or pursuant to any other enabling authority, and to issue bonds or notes of the City therefore. Any premium received by the City upon the sale of any bonds or notes approved by this vote, less any such premium applied to the payment of the costs of issuance of such bonds or notes, may be applied to the payment of costs approved by this vote in accordance with Chapter 44, Section 20 of the General Laws, thereby reducing the amount authorized to be borrowed to pay such costs in a like amount.
Further Ordered, that the Treasurer is authorized to file an application to qualify under Chapter 44A of the General Laws any and all of the bonds or notes authorized to be issued pursuant to this Order, and to provide such information and execute such documents as may be required for such purposes.
20. MCGEE — that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2017, One hundred twenty thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($120,000) as follows:
*****-***** Free Cash $120,000
12103-58000 Capital Outlay – Police Cars $120,000
21. MCGEE — that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2017, SIxty-five thousand and 00/100 Dollars ($65,000) as follows:
*****-***** Free Cash $65,000
12102-54830 Motor Vehicle Supplies $50,000
12102-52410 Motor Vehicle Repairs 15,000
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting.
Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law
Posted on December 29, 2016 by Irma Lopez