Finance Committee Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on February 26, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Holyoke City Hall Council Chambers
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a Regular Meeting of the Committee on
At the City Council Chamber, Wed, Feb 27, 2014
Per order of the Chairperson: Todd McGee
- McGee: Financial Transfer $100,000 FROM: General Fund Free Cash TO: Veterans Benefits- Direct
- McGee: Order: the Legal dept please update the City Council on the status of the munis system and the advances we have made. If the Legal dept no longer handles the munis system then please forward to the appropriate dept handling said matter and have information referred to City Council in 2 weeks.
- McGee: Financial Transfer $2,000 FROM: General Fund Free Cash TO Pay Overtime (Custodial War Memorial)
- McGee: Financial Transfer $8,085 FROM General Fund Free Cash TO: Pay- Vacation buyback ($3,085) and ($5000) for Pay Sick leave buyback
- Financial Transfer $57,779 FROM General Fund Free Cash TO: Pay Vacation Buyback ($6,479) and Sick Leave Buyback ($51,282)
- McGee T: Ordered, that the amount of Five Thousand Fifty One & 89/100 Dollars ($5,051.89) be authorized from the Police Department’s 2013 Shannon Grant (1394-52000) appropriation in fiscal year 2014 for services rendered in fiscal year 2013 which were unencumbered at the 2013 fiscal year end.
- McGee: Ordered, that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “C.I.T. JAIL DIVERSION PROGRAM” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
- McGee: Ordered, that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2014, Forty Thousand Four Hundred Twenty Nine & 00/100 Dollars ($40,429) as follows:
*****-***** General Fund Free Cash $40,429
15411-51104 Pay – Utility Person (Kitchen) $3,929
15412-52100 Energy-Gas/Oil/Electric 15,000
15412-52300 Water & Sewer 11,000
15412-52500 Rep. & Maint.-Bldgs. & Grounds 3,000
15412-54000 Supplies-Bldgs. & Grounds 1,000
15412-54200 Office & Professional Supplies 1,500
15412-54220 Supplies-Other 5,000
- McGee: Ordered, that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “LEPC 2014 HAZMAT EXERCISES & SUPPLIES” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
- McGee: Order: that the tax collector’s office issue notices in the tax bills when there is a shift in tax rates. Several taxpayers who are on fixed incomes have requested some type of notice in order to plan accordingly and thus avoid short falls in tax payments for later quarters.
- Jourdain: Order: On July 25, the Governor signed the Chapter 67 of the Acts of 2007 allowing municipalities to join the GIC for their health insurance coverage. That the Personnel Administrator please prepare a report for the City Council for our consideration if it is in the best interests of the city to join GIC then to have health insurance on our own. Please articulate pros and cons and any important factors for our consideration.
- Application for license as a pawnbroker for Dominick Phan at 673 High St.
- Application for Junk Dealer’s license at 673 High St. for Dominick Phan
- Application for Secondhand License Application at 673 High St. for Dominick Phan
- Application for Junk Dealers License for Zaburov Bobur at 50 Holyoke Street Holyoke Mall
- Application to operate a Taxi Cab for Fara Bahremand
- Application for Secondhand License for Ernest Sprague at 245 Whiting Farms Road.
Ryan M. Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
Posted on February 21, 2014 by allenr