Conservation Commission Text Size
Event takes place on February 28, 2019 at 6:15 PM until 9:00 PM
20 Korean Veterans' Plaza, 4th Floor Conference Room, Holyoke, MA 01040
February 28, 2019
4th Floor Conference Room, City Hall Annex
20 Korean Vets’ Plaza
- Request to Amend 186-0266 to include a pedestrian safety fence around Tannery Brook.
- Request from Neighbor to Neighbor to address natural gas pipelines in the City of Holyoke, and regionally, and potential discussion around applicability of wetlands protection act versus broader, general policy considerations around climate change.
2. Returning Business
A) Notice of Intent – DEP 186-0272 [Request to be Continued to 3-14-19]
- Applicant: Frank DeMarinis
- Representative: Luke D. Showalter, P.E., Sage Engineering
- Location: Northampton Street/Mt. Tom Greenhouse Road (MBP 223-00-019)
- Description: Single-family house construction project proposes 12,775 s.f. of work within Bordering Land Subject to Flooding and 8,800 s.f. within the Riverfront Resource Area associated with the Connecticut River.
B) Notice of Intent- DEP 186-0273
- Applicant: Pathlight, Inc.
- Representative: Sherman & Frydryck
- Location: 15 Shepard Drive Holyoke, MA (MBP 134-00-022)
- Description: Construction of a parking lot, adjacent to an existing single-family home, within 50’ of Green Brook, revised on 2-26-19 to reduce area of encroachment by two parking stalls and construct a raingarden.
C) Certificate of Compliance 186-0268
- Applicant: Eversource
- Representative: Tighe & Bond
- Location: Connecticut River, South of the former Mount Tom Coal Generating Station
- Description: Insulator replacement at structure 7107/1109 located along utility line 1447/1428 east of Route 5.
3. Other Business
- Minutes February 7, 2019
- Update on CPC review of Gloutak Parcel
- Organics to Energy meeting (6-8PM on 2-28-18 at Morgan School)
- Ratification of Emergency Certificate for 540 Homestead Avenue, HG&E Transformer Fluid Leak Clean-up.
Posted on February 26, 2019 by Andrew Smith