City of Holyoke
Sue Ellen Panitch River Access Center
8 Oscar Street
New Commission Business
- A) Request for Determination of Applicability
- Applicant: Holyoke Department of Public Works
- Representative: Melissa Coady, Tighe & Bond
- Location: South Canal Street
- Description: Exploratory Borings adjacent to the 3rd-Level canal under the local wetlands ordinance to determine determine nature of substrate to collect engineering data for Combined Sewer Overflow separation project.
- Request for Determination of Applicability
- Applicant: Holyoke Revolver Club
- Representative: Holyoke Revolver Club.
- Location: 431 West Cherry Street
- Description: construction of an earthen berm within the footprint of the existing firing range to separate sport and long-rifle activities. (MBP 200-00-002). Proposed work is outside of 100’ buffers established under previous enforcement orders; filing is being made for informational purposes.
Returning Commission Business
- A)Notice of Intent: DEP 186-0264 (Eligible commission members are B. Bowler, E. Bernstein, M. Dodge, J. Horan)
- Applicant: HWP Company and Eversource
- Representative: Simon Hildt, Stantec
- Location: Connecticut River, downstream from Hadley Falls Dam
- Description: Notice of Intent filed by Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. on behalf of HWP Company, an Eversource Company, for the placement of approximately 26,239 square feet of permanent impacts to Land Under Waterbodies and Waterways and 260 s.f. of temporary impacts to the same to permit the placement of stone caps in the Connecticut River to cover existing tar patches in the river with access and upland staging occurring in Chicopee. Based upon the MA WPA performance standards, the Applicant has requested that this project be treated as a limited project, specifically the remediation of hazardous waste as defined in 310 CMR 10.53 (3)(q).
- Notice of Intent: DEP 186-0267
- Applicant: Western Massachusetts Electric Company d/b/a Eversource
- Representative: BSC Group.
- Location: Northampton Street/Route 5 Holyoke, MA
- Description: construction of a temporary utility pole at the Mt. Tom Generating Station located on Northampton Street (MBP 227-00-005). Proposed plan will require work within the Bordering Land Subject to Flooding, the Riverfront Resource Area, and the 50′ and 100′ buffer zones of an isolated wetland complex . Work will consist of altering 5 square feet and 35 cubic feet of Bordering Land Subject to Flooding for the purpose of constructing a temporary switchyard at the location of the former Mt. Tom Coal Plant.
- Other Commission Business
- A) Discussion of Edna Williams Parcels and possibility of preserving the final parcel of that estate.
- Discussion of CPC Meetings Community Development Block Grant funds for development of a CPA plan.
- C) Mountain Road – Brownfield Remediation Activity
- D) Minutes
4. Items on More time
Notice of Intent: DEP 186-0265
Applicant: Mountain View Baptist Church
Representative: Michael Gagnon, Milone & MacBroom
Location: 310 Apremont Highway
Description: Request to continue public hearing
Items may be taken out of the order posted, as determined by the Chair and based upon the meeting management needs.