Conservation Commission Text Size
Event takes place on August 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM until 8:15 PM
8 Oscar Street Holyoke, MA
City of Holyoke
Sue Ellen Panitch River Access Center
8 Oscar Street
- New Commission Business
A) Request for Determination of Applicability
- Applicant: Massachusetts Green High Performance Center
- Representative: Justin Mosca, VHB
- Location: 100 Bigelow Street Holyoke, MA 01040
- Description: Management of invasive species within 50’ and 100’ Buffer Zone of Level 1 and 2 Canals.
- Returning Commission Business
A) Notice of Intent: DEP 186-0264
- Applicant: HWP Company and Eversource
- Representative: Simon Hildt, Stantec
- Location: Connecticut River, downstream from Hadley Falls Dam
- Description: Notice of Intent filed by Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. on behalf of HWP Company, an Eversource Company, for the placement of approximately 26,239 square feet of permanent impacts to Land Under Waterbodies and Waterways and 260 s.f. of temporary impacts to the same to permit the placement of stone caps in the Connecticut River to cover existing tar patches in the river with access and upland staging occurring in Chicopee. Based upon the MA WPA performance standards, the Applicant has requested that this project be treated as a limited project, specifically the remediation of hazardous waste as defined in 310 CMR 10.53 (3)(q).
- Other Commission Business
A) CPA Committee Meeting and CPA Plan, how best to assist.
4. Items on More time
A) More Time DEP 186-0265 – NOI for Mountain View Baptist Church continued to September 14, 2017
Items may be taken out of the order posted, as determined by the Chair and based upon the meeting management needs.
Posted on August 21, 2017 by Andrew Smith