Committee on Charter and Rules Text Size
Event takes place on November 14, 2016 at 6:15 PM
City Council Chambers, City Hall, 536 Dwight St. Holyoke, MA 01040
Notice of Committee Meeting
There will be a regular meeting of the
Committee on Charter and Rules
At City Hall in the Council Chambers, on Monday, November 14, 2016, at 6:15pm.
Per order of the Chair: Joseph McGiverin
- Nelson Roman: Ordered that the rules of the City Council be amended that all councilors are to be in chambers by 6:45pm and that the City Council meeting will begin promptly at 7:00pm.
- Howard Greaney: Ordered that all regular meetings of the Holyoke City Council shall start at 7:00pm sharp. The meetings shall be chaired by Council President or the senior member of the City Council present. Howard 3.
- Greaney: Ordered that late file orders of the Holyoke City Council shall be limited to ten items.
- Todd McGee: Ordered that the one year appointment for the City Council Administrative Assistant be changed to a two year appointment.
- Nelson Roman: Ordered that the City Council amend its rules to make the Joint Committee of the City Council and School Committee a permanent standing committee.
- Gordon Alexander: Ordered that the Council adopt a rule in accordance with the legal opinion already provided, clarifying the need for a meaning of a signature on a committee report.
- James Leahy: Ordered that the Holyoke City Council Official Resolution to include the name of the Councilor who was the lead author.
- David Bartley: Order to amend council rule #31 to allow any member present during a subcommittee hearing to sit in the meet the quorum requirement.
Administrative Assistant: Ryan Allen
The listing of matters are those reasonable anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law. Also, one or two items may require the committee to enter into executive session at this meeting.
Posted on November 9, 2016 by Irma Lopez