City Council Meeting Text Size
Event takes place on January 07, 2014 at 7:00 PM
City Council Chamber 536 Dwight St. Holyoke MA
AGENDA FOR THE CITY COUNCIL
LAID ON THE TABLE
1. From Administrative Assistant, Ryan Allen minutes from previous City Council meeting on December 3, 2013
2. From City Clerk, Suzanne Mead, previous City Council minutes of December 3, 2013
3. Appointment of City Officers
4. City Council minutes from City Clerk, Suzanne Mead for previous meeting of December 17, 2013
5. From Mayor Alex B. Morse letter re-appointing James M. Sheehan, 22 Florida Dr. to serve as a member of the Historical Commission; Mr. Sheehan will serve a three-year term; said term will expire on January 2017.
6. From Mayor Alex B. Morse, letter re-appointing Sue Ellen Panitch, 134 Madison Ave. to serve as a member of the Conservation Commission; Ms. Panitch will serve a three-year term; said term will expire February 3, 2017.
7. From City Clerk, Suzanne Mead report re: preservation of peace and good order ordinance
8. From City Clerk, Suzanne Mead, minutes from Special City Council meeting on December 16, 2013
9. From Brian G. Smith, City Auditor, Monthly Budget Reports for the General Fund and Waste Water Treatment as of November 30, 2013
MOTIONS, ORDERS AND RESOLUTIONS
10. LEAHY — City of Holyoke start the proceedings to combine the water and public works departments.
11. LEAHY — Department of Public Works replaces/fixes the entry Holyoke signs. The sign on route 5 coming in from Northampton is missing the H and the O on the Holyoke sign.
12. MCGEE_T — that there be and is hereby appropriated by transfer in the fiscal year 2014, One Hundred Four Thousand Seven Hundred Seventy Seven & 00/100 Dollars ($104,777) as follows: (Fire)
*****-***** General Fund Free Cash $104,777
12201-51500 Pay – Vacation/Personal Buyback $29,061
12201-51510 Pay – Sick Leave Buyback 75,716
13. MCGEE_T — that in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 44 Sec. 53A, the City Council hereby accepts the provisions of the “5-year Traffic Enforcement Grant” grant and authorizes the establishment of a Fund or other method appropriate for the accounting of the receipts and expenditures of all resources associated with the administration of said grant.
14. MCGEE_T — the DPW come before the public safety committee to discuss installing blue flashing light around the City to alert residents of plowing (like the way it is done in Springfield and Northampton).
15. SOTO — City of Holyoke adopted a No Smoking policy around or outside of any City Building.
16. SOTO — Park and Recreation Commissioner’s come before the City council to discuss
what can we do to make our public parks smoke free.
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the chair which may be discussed at the meeting.
Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law
Posted on January 2, 2014 by cityadmin