6:15pm - 8:00pm
DATE: September 18, 2023
TIME: 6:15 PM
LOCATION: Fifield Room, HOLYOKE HIGH DEAN CAMPUS, 1045 MAIN ST, HOLYOKE, MA 01040
Members of the public can access the meeting here: https://hps-holyoke-ma-us.zoom.us/j/85266232176?pwd=ci9tWEs3cG81SkQxdXZrWW5GenBXQT09
(Spanish Interpretation will be available).
On March 29, 2023, Governor Healey signed into law An Act Relative to Extending Certain State
of Emergency Accommodations, which, among other things, extends the expiration of the
provisions pertaining to the Open Meeting Law to March 31, 2025. Specifically, this extension
allows public bodies to continue holding meetings remotely without a quorum of the public body
physically present at a meeting location, and to provide “adequate, alternative” access to remote
meetings. The Act does not make any new changes to the Open Meeting Law other than
extending the expiration date of the temporary provisions regarding remote meetings from
March 31, 2023, to March 31, 2025.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 28 OF THE ACTS OF 2009, SECTIONS 17-20 (FORMERLY SECTION 23B OF CHAPTER 39) OF THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS, THAT A REGULAR MEETING OF THE HOLYOKE SCHOOL COMMITTEE WILL BE HELD ON SEPTEMBER 18 2023.
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, s. 20, I am hereby informing all attendees that a video and audio recording is being made of the meeting and the meeting is being live-streamed and run live on the City’s community TV channel.
- STUDENT SHOWCASE – N/A
- PUBLIC COMMENT- Members of the public wishing to submit public comments can email email@example.com no later than 3:00 p.m. Monday, September 18, 2023. Comments will either be displayed or read during the meeting.
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- STUDENT REPORTS
- HHS North Campus
- HHS Dean Campus
- VICE-CHAIR REPORTS
- Ward meeting follow up
- Admin Assistant
- Renaming of Peck
- Thrive Act – Education Committee Oct. 4
- SUPERINTENDENT / RECEIVER REPORTS
- Understanding the Accountability System
- Retention Strategy / Update
- Letter to Mayor on Transportation to Lyman families
- STUDENT REPORTS
- NEW BUSINESS:
- Student Dress Code
- Parent Letter to SC on Teacher Retention
- Transportation Policy
- 8-21-23 Meeting Minutes
- ONGOING BUSINESS:
- Follow Up Items last meeting (FYI)
- Sullivan Bball Court Timeline (estimated)
- Letter from HR on IAG
- Fall Sports Schedule
- Updated Org Chart
- Assessment Schedule
- Updates from Sub-Committees
- Finance Subcommittee
- Joint City Council/School Committee
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Sub-Committee
- Out-of-State Fieldtrips (N/A)
- Student Activity Approval (N/A)
- Attendance Update
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Committee Secretary before the meeting so that they may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Committee Secretary immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to Sam Garcia, in care of the Receiver’s Office, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.