Holyoke School Committee Meeting August 22, 2022
Governor Baker signed a bill into law on June 16, 2021, allowing public bodies to hold remote meetings through April 22, 2022. Members of the public can access the meeting here: https://hps-holyoke-ma-us.zoom.us/j/85266232176?pwd=ci9tWEs3cG81SkQxdXZrWW5GenBXQT09
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, s. 20, I am hereby informing all attendees that a video and audio recording is being made of the meeting and the meeting is being live-streamed and run live on the City’s community TV channel.
- STUDENT SHOWCASE – NONE
- PUBLIC COMMENT (via the remote link above)
- Members of the public wishing to submit public comments can email email@example.com no later than 3:00 p.m. MONDAY, AUGUST 22, 2022.Comments will either be displayed or read during the meeting.
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Superintendent/Receiver Reports
- Return to School
- School Start and End Times
- Staffing (Vacancies)
- Rezoning Update
- Update on Strategic Plan
- Updates on New Leadership
- Return to School
- NEW BUSINESS
- Receiver/ Superintendent Evaluation
- SC Member Ethics
- November MASC/MASS Annual Conference Election of delegates and alternate delegate to the delegate assembly
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Finance Sub Committee Minutes 3.21.22
- May Minutes
- June Minutes
- ONGOING BUSINESS
- Updates from Subcommittees
- Training sessions for School Committee
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Committee Secretary before the meeting so that it may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Committee Secretary immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to Sam Garcia, in care of the Receiver’s Office, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.