6:00pm - 8:00pm
SCHOOL COMMITTEE AGENDA
DATE: April 24, 2023
TIME: 6:00 PM
LOCATION: FIFIELD ROOM, HOLYOKE HIGH DEAN CAMPUS, 1045 MAIN ST, HOLYOKE, MA 01040
On March 29, 2023, Governor Healey signed into law An Act Relative to Extending Certain State
of Emergency Accommodations, which, among other things, extends the expiration of the
provisions pertaining to the Open Meeting Law to March 31, 2025. Specifically, this extension
allows public bodies to continue holding meetings remotely without a quorum of the public body
physically present at a meeting location, and to provide “adequate, alternative” access to remote
meetings. The Act does not make any new changes to the Open Meeting Law other than
extending the expiration date of the temporary provisions regarding remote meetings from
March 31, 2023, to March 31, 2025.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 28 OF THE ACTS OF 2009, SECTIONS 17-20 (FORMERLY SECTION 23B OF CHAPTER 39) OF THE MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL LAWS, THAT A REGULAR MEETING OF THE HOLYOKE SCHOOL COMMITTEE WILL BE HELD AT 6:00 PM ON MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2023.
Members of the public can access the meeting here: https://hps-holyoke-ma-us.zoom.us/j/85266232176?pwd=ci9tWEs3cG81SkQxdXZrWW5GenBXQT09
(Spanish Interpretation will be available).
- CALL TO ORDER ~ ROLL CALL ~ PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Pursuant to M.G.L. c. 30A, s. 20, I am hereby informing all attendees that a video and audio recording is being made of the meeting and the meeting is being live-streamed and run live on the City’s community TV channel.
- STUDENT SHOWCASE –
- Holyoke Middle School
- PUBLIC COMMENT (via the remote link above)
Members of the public wishing to submit public comments can email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 p.m. MONDAY, APRIL 24, 2023.
Comments will either be displayed or read during the meeting.
- COMMUNICATIONS & REPORTS
- Student Reports
- Report of the Vice-Chair
- School Committee Training Dates
- Superintendent/Receiver Reports
- Middle School Building Project
- Strategic Plan Feedback
- NEW BUSINESS
- Approval of meeting minutes
- Finance Subcommittee 1/23
- Finance Subcommittee 3/20
- Approval of meeting minutes
- ONGOING BUSINESS
- Special education staffing update FYI
- Chronic Absenteeism update FYI
- Update -from Sub-Committees
- Policy Sub-Committee
- Finance Sub-Committee
- Budget Update
- Joint City Council/School Committee
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Sub-Committee
- Out of State Fieldtrips
- Student Activity Approval
- 4/25- School Building Committee Meeting via Zoom @ 6pm
- 4/26- SEPAC Meeting regarding transition planning @ 6pm, Donahue School
- 4/27- Homework House Spelling Bee from 5-8pm
- 5/1- Q3 Attendance Celebration 5:30 PM, Sullivan School
- 5/3 PVETA Dinner, 5pm
- 5/4- Middle School Building Committee via Zoom @ 6pm
The listing of matters are those reasonably anticipated by the Chair which may be discussed at the meeting. Not all items listed may in fact be discussed and other items not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.
*The Holyoke Public Schools makes available a public discussion period for persons in the audience to address the Committee on specific agenda items. In order to hear as many speakers as possible, the Committee asks individuals to continue their remarks to two (2) minutes. Any person wishing to submit longer testimony should give copies to the Committee Secretary before the meeting so that it may be distributed to Committee members. The speaker can then summarize this testimony at the meeting within the two (2) minute time period. Persons wishing to speak should register with the Committee Secretary immediately before the meeting begins. Individuals who request specific items to be included on the Committee’s agenda should mail a written request fifteen (15) days in advance of a Committee meeting date to Sam Garcia, in care of the Receiver’s Office, 57 Suffolk Street, Holyoke, MA 01040.