Effective January 6, 2022, there will be a mask mandate for all public indoor spaces within the City of Holyoke.

For the latest information about  COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) Recovery, click here to visit our dedicated page.

Click here to sign up for city emergency alerts

***Due to transmission issues, this evening\'s (1-18-22) City Council meeting is unlikely to be broadcast on Channel 15 as it normally would be. The meeting will remain available in person, on the website live stream, and on Zoom
A recording will also be available this week, as always. We apologize for the unanticipated issue, and any inconvenience caused by it.***

License Board


City Hall Annex
Room 401
20 Korean Veterans Plaza
Monday - Friday:
8:30 am to 4:30 pm

License Board Mission Statement

The Holyoke License Board is the licensing and enforcement agent for alcohol, common victualler, entertainment, automatic amusement devices, open air vendors, motor vehicle sales, motor vehicle repair, rooming houses and Hotel/Innholders licenses. It is responsible for the issuing of licenses and enforcing the rules, regulations, local ordinances and state laws pertaining to the below mentioned licenses

For detailed information about state laws, visit The Massachusetts Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission. This helpful website allows you to download forms and applications, learn about renewals, and more.

The License Board typically meets the first Wednesday of each month. For general question or submittal requests, contact the License Board Office at (413) 322-5599 or email Jack Carolan at Licenseboard@holyoke.org


Beginning Saturday, May 29, 2021, all COVID-related restrictions for licensees are lifted and all licensees can resume normal operations.

The Governor’s COVID-19 State of Emergency will end Tuesday, June 15, 2021.

Patios/Outdoor Expansions: licensees that have been approved for expanded patio/outdoor service pursuant to the Governor’s executive orders may continue their outdoor operations until  Thursday, March 31, 2022.

Takeaway/delivery of alcohol: establishments licensed for on-premises consumption of alcohol can continue takeaway and delivery sales of alcohol until Saturday, April 30, 2022

Restaurants with a food permit from the Board of Health, that seek to create an outdoor service area on public property, such as a sidewalk or parking area, will need an additional Tables and Chairs license and should contact the Holyoke License Board at 413-322-5599 or Jack Carolan at Licenseboard@holyoke.org

Any restaurant that seeks to have a tent erected will need to obtain a temporary structure permit and should contact the Building Department at 413-322-5600.

It is the responsibility of the restaurant owner to ensure any expanded dining area, including streets and sidewalks, is clean at all times.


Close window