STOP THE SPREAD-New COVID-19 Testing Site Opening In Holyoke
As of Wednesday 8/26/20, a Stop the Spread test site will be opening at Holyoke Community College. Testing will run until 9/12/20.
– The site will operate Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 7am – 11am. Tuesday and Thursday 2pm -7pm.
– Turnaround time for results is typically 4 days or fewer.
– This test site is first come, first serve. There are no appointments. Please do not call the Health Department or Holyoke Community College to make an appointment.
– The test site at Holyoke Community College is a drive-through only test site. Please do not get out of your vehicle. Signage and Campus Police will be readily apparent to help you access the site easily.
– A walk-up site in another location will be opening shortly.
– To help speed up the process, please have your information ready. They will ask for your full name, address (you must be a Massachusetts resident), phone number and email address.
– There is no cost for the testing. You do not need a referral, nor do you need to be symptomatic.
– The test style will be the less invasive swab in the lower nostril. The older style that required further insertion of the swab will not be used.
– If you have previously tested positive, DPH and CDC guidelines do not recommend getting retested at this time.
– If you are acutely symptomatic, particularly if you have a high fever, consider scheduling a test with your Primary Care Physician.
– Information on all of the Stop the Spread test sites across the State can be found at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/stop-the-spread
Massachusetts coronavirus 1.1% positive test rate stays at record low
Massachusetts health officials on Monday reported 27 new coronavirus deaths and 571 new cases as the average positive test rate remained at the state’s record low level of 1.1% over the weekend.
The 27 new coronavirus deaths reported over the weekend bring the state’s COVID-19 death toll to 8,949, the state Department of Public Health announced. The three-day average of coronavirus daily deaths has dropped from 161 at the start of May to 15 now. Read the full story here: https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/08/24/massachusetts-coronavirus-1-1-positive-test-rate-stays-at-record-low/
Free COVID Testing Available in Springfield and Agawam Has Been Extended Until September 12.
The Commonwealth is launching a strategic testing program in communities across Massachusetts that have continued to see a higher number of residents testing positive for COVID-19. Springfield and Agawam are two of those communities. Get the full information here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/stop-the-spread
Currently there are 1053 positive COVID cases in Holyoke -no change
Weekly Public Health Report (Updated Wednesday) Contains town-by-town numbers, long-term care facility information, and more: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-weekly-public-health-report-
Massachusetts comprehensive daily “dashboard” illustrating the spread of this virus across regions and demographics: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-daily-dashboard-
Testing has a turnaround time of 1-5 days and many cases are being clinically diagnosed (no testing or reporting involved). All are advised to behave as though they are carriers of Covid-19.
The curve we need to flatten: County numbers graphed over time can be found here: https://www.wmasscovid.com/
Massachusetts has now experienced a total of 8,717 deaths among the 116,421 confirmed Covid-19 cases. *Massachusetts is now reporting “probable” Coronavirus deaths in addition to confirmed cases.