STOP THE SPREAD WALK UP COVID-19 Testing Site in Holyoke
A new walk-up COVID testing site opened today in Holyoke at 323 Appleton St. Testing hours are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3pm to 6pm. Testing will run until 9/30/20.
STOP THE SPREAD DRIVE UP COVID-19 Testing Site in Holyoke
A Stop the Spread test has opened at Holyoke Community College. Testing will run until 9/30/20.
– The site will operate Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 7am – 11am. Tuesday and Thursday 2pm -7pm. Testing will be open and available regular hours on Labor Day.
– Turnaround time for results is typically 4 days or fewer.
– This test site is first come, first serve. There are no appointments. Please do not call the Health Department or Holyoke Community College to make an appointment.
– The test site at Holyoke Community College is a drive-through only test site. Please do not get out of your vehicle. Signage and Campus Police will be readily apparent to help you access the site easily.
– To help speed up the process, please have your information ready. They will ask for your full name, address (you must be a Massachusetts resident), phone number and email address.
– There is no cost for the testing. You do not need a referral, nor do you need to be symptomatic.
– The test style will be the less invasive swab in the lower nostril. The older style that required further insertion of the swab will not be used.
– If you have previously tested positive, DPH and CDC guidelines do not recommend getting retested at this time.
– If you are acutely symptomatic, particularly if you have a high fever, consider scheduling a test with your Primary Care Physician.
– Information on all of the Stop the Spread test sites across the State can be found at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/stop-the-spread
Current Massachusetts Travel Restrictions:
Massachusetts has added Delaware, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia to its current travel restrictions. This means the current low-risk states that do not require travel forms are Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Vermont, Washington, and Wyoming. These states may still have their own travel restrictions for visitors from Massachusetts, however.
To view full travel restrictions and a full list of states by designated risk, click here: Massachusetts Travel Order
As of today, there are currently 1094 positive COVID cases in Holyoke – (<1% Increase)
Weekly Public Health Report (Updated Wednesday) Contains town-by-town numbers, long-term care facility information, and more: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-weekly-public-health-report-
Massachusetts comprehensive daily “dashboard” illustrating the spread of this virus across regions and demographics: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-response-reporting#covid-19-daily-dashboard-
Testing has a turnaround time of 1-5 days and many cases are being clinically diagnosed (no testing or reporting involved). All are advised to behave as though they are carriers of Covid-19.
The curve we need to flatten: County numbers graphed over time can be found here: https://www.wmasscovid.com/
Massachusetts has now experienced a total of 9,010 deaths among the 123,139 confirmed Covid-19 cases.