Contractor Information


Additional Information for Contractors

As a Contractor working in the City of Holyoke, we hope to provide you with all the necessary information and tools to perform your work per city standards and regulations. If you have any questions along the way, please give us a call.


Trench Permit

  • All excavators must obtain a permit prior to the creation of a trench made for a construction-related purpose on public or private land or rights-of-way in accordance with Chapter 82A of the Massachusetts General Laws. A trench is defined as an excavation 3 feet or more in depth and less than 15 feet wide. Trench Safety Regulations


Special Requirements

  • When a contractor completes a road excavation in a street that was paved within 5 Years, the following  Road Repair Specifications must be adhered to.


Permit Fees

Permits and Fee Schedule

Sanitation Sewer Entrance Fees



NOTE: Stormwater Permit Application Fees for Large and Small Developments are listed on the Petition for Stormwater Permit Application Form.


Permit Applications

Driveway Permit Application Sewer Connection Permit
Trench Permit Stormwater Permit Application

NOTE: All permits can be obtained from the DPW at the Canal Street Office.


Contractor Workplace Safety 

Your safety is very important to us! The Massachusetts Division of Occupational Safety offers a free consultation service designed to help employers recognize and control potential safety and health hazards at their work-sites, improve their safety and health program, assist in training employees, and possibly qualify for a one-year exemption from routine OSHA inspections.


Share This Page

Last Updated on October 9, 2013 by